Gas Mileage.....Impressed!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BurnOut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hate to tell you guys......

But if you are averaging anywhere over 15mpg, then you made a big mistake buying a Raptor. Huge waste of money for you. If you wanted something you could go easy on the pedal with, should have got a Prius. Why spend so much on a 450hp vehicle???

'cause the power is there when I want/need it, and the economy is there when I don't?

Unless I'm willing to pass people on the shoulders (which has been known to happen on occasion), there's only so much of that power that I can realistically use on a daily basis... and that's dictated by the speed of the other vehicles around me. Might as well get semi-decent mileage under those circumstances.

10SpdsOfFury

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am mostly City driving and get around 14 beating on it, but if i factor in the smiles per gallon it’s 34.9 SPG.

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'd probably get closer to 19 if I didn't enjoy the power so much, and that my normal commute is pretty hilly and windy. On several two hour trips I've gotten between 21-23 mpg. Highest ever was 23.1 at 110 miles

I found it amusing that I averaged about 10 mpg over 300 miles off-road alternating between Mud/Sand and Baja modes

KWT

Reaction score
13.1 on 12,980 miles so far.

If anyone is averaging over 15 mpg, you’re driving on eggs and made a huge mistake buying a Raptor.

KWT

Reaction score
---------- Post added at 01:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:43 PM ----------

[/COLOR]
That number is a data point, but not what you are actually getting per tank. You have to reset the mpg meter at every fill up to get an accurate number from computer.

Oh trust me Trip A hasn’t changed since I bought the truck my friend. 13.1 mpg on 480 engine hours in other words..

Miker397

Full Access Member
Reaction score
14.5 average here. On cruise at 75 I can get 19.x but anything more is driving like a granny and why do you need 510ft lbs and a $70k truck then?

MattACK

Reaction score
The "estimated" MPG that you see on the instrument cluster is not an accurate representation of fuel economy. Mine is usually off by 2 mpg.

How many of you guys do the math, or do you just trust the trip info on the instrument cluster?