Garmin Nuvi Mount

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kahuna

THE MORE YOU PLAY WITH IT, THE BIGGER IT GETS
Reaction score
Awesome, thank you for the quick reply.

The plate mounts are better for me as I will remove the lot if I am not wheeling so I have ordered the plate below to hold the mini but am not so sure about it now. As you can see from the mounts on the back it will raise the iPad if I have it horizontal and I can't flip it over because the steering wheel and my proclip phone mount are to the left and it probably won't slide out.

A inch here or there really matters and trying to figure it out bit by bit is a pain. I might just get a bunch of stuff from Amazon and return what I don't use.

Thanks again for your help.

K.

nt-for-ipad2-4wd-windscreen-mounted-back_1024x1024.jpg

Kahuna

THE MORE YOU PLAY WITH IT, THE BIGGER IT GETS
Reaction score
So I mounted the same ram base as you in the tray in front of the speaker. I used fender washers behind the plastic to prevent pull through. I then trimmed the rubber mat to fit around the mount.

20151027_204354.jpg

When I mount the 6" arm the holder sits in a really nice position where I can put it just above the traction control button to minimise blocking the windscreen.

20151027_204509.jpg

I used it on a run up to Maine last weekend and was quite happy. The iPad mini 3 I ordered from AT&T (awesome deal, 64G for $50+$10/mo) was put to backorder status after 2 weeks so I was using my old iPad 1 which weighs a ton. The heavy old tablet was a little more shaky than I had hoped and a little more shaky than the Ram window suction mount.

Overall I am very happy. The mount is unobtrusive and barely above the level of the rest of the dash. I can position the tablet lower than the Ram window mount with the short arm. I no longer have the window mount blocking the windscreen. I also never liked the thought of the extra pressure on the windscreen from the weight of the iPad. The whole lot can be put back to stock if I buy a new $25 rubber mat. I hope that the mini shakes a little less and will confirm how that mini holder works for me.

Thanks for your help.
K

Last edited: