FS: 18"Grabbers and Method 301s (maybe)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just curious, but what is the expected lifespan of the Grabbers?

Depends how you use them.... I've had mine since August and they're slashed up (from rocks), leaking, showing wear, and the lettering has faded. ...but I run my truck harder than most.

Banned
Reaction score
Depends how you use them.... I've had mine since August and they're slashed up (from rocks), leaking, showing wear, and the lettering has faded. ...but I run my truck harder than most.

I'm actually surprised they lasted you so long.

-Posted with my iPhone.

A.I.I.Raciing

Dezert 8MYMNEY
Reaction score
I wonder why grabbers would look like with the Mickey Thompson classic lock II black.
Personally I think they would look really good. But then again I like Classic II's, and I like Black even better

I was just told last week by a General rep that the red letters were just stickers and can be taken off with a heat gun.

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was just told last week by a General rep that the red letters were just stickers and can be taken off with a heat gun.

I'm not saying you or the General rep you spoke to are wrong, because I don't truly know the actual process myself, but they definitely don't seem like stickers to me. I was told that the red was actually dyed tire compound that's molded into the tires during the manufacturing process. I was told that this is done so that the red wouldn't scuff out when the tires rub against curbs and rocks, so far this has proven to be true with mine.... They've taken some pretty good rashes from both that I can scrub out and the red stays. I was told this by a 4 Wheel Parts employee, not saying that he's a more accurate source than yours, but his explanation of the process seems to be consistent with my usage experience. My red has faded, but it doesn't go away or peel when gouged.

I also think my fading is partly because I got my Grabbs from the early production run, newer ones that I see seem to be a truer red than mine ever were, so maybe they've made some manufacturing corrections, whether they're molds, unique stickers, or whatever.

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's a nice option for when the red fades or if you just get sick of the look and don't want to pay the extra $$$ to have them remounted on the inside.