Front Receiver Hitch 4x4 Light Bar Mod

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
yomudderputter

yomudderputter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Please keep us posted when you offroad, I would be interested to see if you can prevent the vibration through the lights. If it does, please post pics of your gasket/damping material. Thanks and good luck!

It comes with a dampener built in. its hard to describe I would need to take a picture. basically there is a screw and a metal plate that levers and catches your receiver at the bottom of the the yoke. tightening the screw puts pressure on lever against the receiver. the manufacturer of the Rhino Step Im using figured out the rattle and vibration issue. its all good!

A picture would paint a thousand words...

OP
OP
yomudderputter

yomudderputter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Curious to see how this works out. The major benefit is obviously versatility. Are you planning on doing some kind of quick-connect/disconnect wiring for the lights? Hockster had his ADD bumper built with a front receiver through the skidplate... I wonder if he had the same type of plans in mind.

Yes, I am going to use standard trailer wiring step up.. I can pick up the assembly at Napa Auto supply. There is a small opening already in manufactured into the small lower grill, my quick release wiring set up will pass through that hole. I will wire this up to Aux 1 center two lights, Aux 2 outer two lights.

ill take picks tonight once I have it installed.. still more work to do..

raidscsi

Reaction score
Did you ever finish this? Would love to see it mounted to the truck.

I'm going to do a similar for my truck, not a raptor(F250), but had to sign up to see how your project went. I plan on mounting the lights to the bottom of the step bar, to the bare metal side, so that the rubber step isn't modified, that way it can be flipped and you can use it as a step to get into the engine compartment.

Cheap Lights.
Lights

Lights1.png

Lights2.png

27" Step Bar (eBay item 310333225199)
STEP_BAR.jpg

FRONT_HITCH.jpg

Lights are $20 a pair plus the step bar, with either 4 or 6 lights using a 60A relay Should be less than or around $100 total.

Smokinjo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Should make a connection for use in the front and rear of the truck. I know that having the versatility of the lights installed front or rear would work really well in certain situations. Maybe a plug in both ends with a switch for each?

xtcbct

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know this is an old thread, but I like the idea of this. Any pics of how this turned out on the Raptor?