Front Oil Cooler Line Leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorScrew

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just had my truck oil changed at my dealership and they told me that there is a "Front Oil Cooler Line Leak"

*(For those not aware - I am a business manager at my local Chevy/Cadillac/Subaru Dealer - I get my oil changed here at work)

He wasn't sure on the specifics. I called my local Ford Dealer to set up a time to have it looked at / repaired (7yr/100,000 ESP)...

No available appointments until next Tuesday! :(

Am I safe to drive (Ford tech couldn't tell me without seeing the vehicle but can't see it till Tuesday - Go figure)

What should I be watching for or do I just park it if possible until then...

Thanx...

Pyro3601

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i think if it was just "sweating" i'd be tempted to just drive it. i have had many vehicles with a line thats sweating and never had a problem. now if its a full on leak, the lines dripping lots. then i wouldent drive it.

just my 2cents

FordService

FRF Addict
Reaction score
...Am I safe to drive (Ford tech couldn't tell me without seeing the vehicle but can't see it till Tuesday - Go figure)...

Hi RaptorScrew,

If you're concerned, you can always see if there's an alternate Ford Dealership nearby that could see you sooner. Find some options by entering your ZIP code here: Ford Dealers | Locate a Ford Dealer Near You | Ford.com Alternatively, you can have your truck towed to the dealer if you'd prefer not to drive it. Roadside Assistance can be reached at 1-800-241-3673. How many miles are on your truck?

Crystal

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just had my truck oil changed at my dealership and they told me that there is a "Front Oil Cooler Line Leak"

*(For those not aware - I am a business manager at my local Chevy/Cadillac/Subaru Dealer - I get my oil changed here at work)

He wasn't sure on the specifics. I called my local Ford Dealer to set up a time to have it looked at / repaired (7yr/100,000 ESP)...

No available appointments until next Tuesday! :(

Am I safe to drive (Ford tech couldn't tell me without seeing the vehicle but can't see it till Tuesday - Go figure)

What should I be watching for or do I just park it if possible until then...

Thanx...
Which oil system is it?
The high side power steering line often starts to leak. If it is that system, you'll be ok.

If it's the tranny, you should check the fluid level and keep an eye on the leak.

Same if it's the engine oil.

In any case, you should be fine for around town with easy driving.

Yukon Joe :baby: :baby:

OP
OP
RaptorScrew

RaptorScrew

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hi RaptorScrew,

If you're concerned, you can always see if there's an alternate Ford Dealership nearby that could see you sooner. Find some options by entering your ZIP code here: Ford Dealers | Locate a Ford Dealer Near You | Ford.com Alternatively, you can have your truck towed to the dealer if you'd prefer not to drive it. Roadside Assistance can be reached at 1-800-241-3673. How many miles are on your truck?

Crystal

I'm at about 48k. I do have the 7yr/100,000 ESP with $50 deductible...

OP
OP
RaptorScrew

RaptorScrew

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Update: it was actually the Pressure line coming from the Power Steering Pump that was leaking - new part on order...

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Update: it was actually the Pressure line coming from the Power Steering Pump that was leaking - new part on order...
Those are common. Myself and orangeaddict have had ours replaced as well as many others.

The replacements have been solid. So they must have made the replacement better.

OP
OP
RaptorScrew

RaptorScrew

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the update, RaptorScrew. What's the new part's ETA?

They said it should be in and installed by end of day today. :)

...Edit: Just got the call from dealer - part came in this morning and already installed waiting for me to pick it up... 9:43 am

Crystal

Those are common. Myself and orangeaddict have had ours replaced as well as many others.

The replacements have been solid. So they must have made the replacement better.

That's good to hear!

49k miles and other than LED Marker lights this has been the only issue. I can't argue a bit~!!!! My baby will be 4 the end of next month... :)

Last edited: