FOX 3.0 Rear Bypass Settings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hole Shot

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes the DSC is what I'm talking about and if you look at some of the rear 3.5 shocks they have a 3rd tube that is compression I'm assuming. As far as slow and fast in the motorcycle world we call the slow adjustment or the first part of the stroke. The fast adjustment is the second part of the stroke and compression is the entire stroke of the shock. But I thought they had a DSC for the rear, I was mistaken sorry to confuse anyone.
fc5676fa6391a4eb4a7ee5a168e077c0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jordan@Apollo-Optics

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>LSUstang05</font><
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I initially started by closing everything down all the way and then adjusting out from there. I didn't keep track of what it was set at from SVC when they arrived and just started tuning.

Initial adjustment was:
Rebound: 2.5 from closed
Short comp: 4 from closed
Long comp: 3 from closed

This wasn't bad, but over some washboard type roads and rough back roads it felt like the back jumped around and chattered almost. It felt like the shocks were packing up. It was nice on big dips so I knew I liked the compression softer.

I then made adjustments to this:
Rebound: 3.75 from closed
Short Comp: 2.75 from closed
Long Comp: 3.25 from closed

This wasn't bad, but it gave more of a sports car feel. The rear suspension was really firm and while not bad, wasn't great for every day driving. The back end wasn't jumpy anymore but it was a little stiff. Overall I liked how the shocks performed. I basically found out what similar ratio's I liked and then started to loosen everything up from there while maintaining the same ratios and ended up where I really liked it.

I set my rear 3.0's to:

Rebound - 5 turns from closed
Short Comp: 4 turns from closed
Long Comp: 4.5 turn from closed

I haven't tested this off road yet, but on the road (rough back roads and wash board type roads) it's pretty nice and compliant and I like it a lot. I feel that too much more compression and the rear is way too soft. We will see how this performs at TRR. I'll be placing a zip tie around my bump stops to see how much bump I'm using and make my compression adjustments based off of that. If I'm taking big hits and the bumps are barely engaged I'll loosen compression. Conversely, if I'm taking the bigger hits and the bump is getting used completely I'll tighten it down a little.

Hole Shot

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Don't forget you can also increase decrease the pressure in your bump stops if your taking hard hits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jordan@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Correct. I'm at around 90 PSI I think. From what SVC, RPG, and TMX have said, that's a great place to start at. Too much more and it's jarring when you hit the bump stops. Too much lower and it doesn't do anything.

Also, it's incredibly important to keep a log of your tuning changes. Get a small flip notebook or something and keep it in the truck with you. When you make changes, write down what you did and the date. That way if you make a change and don't like it, you have a known good setting to go back to instead of starting over from scratch.

boarder1995

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been writing my adjustments and comments in iPhone "notes". I'm currently at 4,4,4 and 150psi on bumps (I think). The bumps are a little hard for my taste, particularly while riding in the back seat. But, I did ziptie my bumps to record travel and over some slightly rough dirt roads, I was using ~1" to 1-1/2" of bump travel! Going lower may be damaging. At 150psi though I do certainly know when I hit them. May drop to 100psi and monitor.

I've got Deaver+2 in the rear, and plan to add a Deaver leaf for some added stiffness. Just too soft, even unloaded.

Jordan, what rear springs are you on?

Jordan@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I have the same. Deaver +2. I run unloaded 100% of the time. Before 3.0's I had a partially blown stock shock on the drivers rear and rarely engaged the bumps more than 50%. The great part about the 3.0's is if compression is too soft I can pull over, make a few adjustments, and keep going.

Does anybody know how many turns out are available on the shocks? Be good to know if I'm close to be all the way open or if I'm closer to the middle or closer to be fully closed.

boarder1995

Full Access Member
Reaction score
More results on the Fox3.0 that I've been tinkering on.
4/12 Update on rears. Still have Deaver+2, but lowered bumps to about 100psi. I just opened up rear compression bypasses, both short and long, to max opening. About 10-11 turns. It feels pretty good. Unnoticeable actually. Meaning I don't notice the shocks. Like what a stock truck would feel like. Soft and mushy. But not horrible either. Good to know we an get to what appears as a super Cadillac-y ride. Rebound is still at 5.

4/13 Yet another update. I hope y'all don't get tired of these reports. So I opened the compression side all the way as I mentioned above and now I've opened the rebound valve all the way. I think it feels pretty much like stock now. I'll put some more road miles on this setting, and will likely hit some bad dirt roads this coming weekend in this configuration as well (not TRR). This gives me hope that these 3.0 can behave like stock. It's all in the settings and what you intend to use them for.

MatMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Max turns possible

Boarder, since you backed them all the way out, how many turns or clicks is "max open"?

boarder1995

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't remember off my head, but it's like 11 or 12 full turns from close to open. I've been running at 6, 6 for both compression tubes and 10.5 open (almost fully open) on rebound tube. I've got Deaver +3 too.

MatMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok cool, I would just check myself but I have claw fist from adjusting the knobs yesterday. I too found that the further you open them, the ride becomes smoother.

I'm at 4 on rebound, 7 on short compression and 4 on long for now but I'll open up the long compression during the next testing session. And maybe the rebound too since you guys are liking it.

These shocks are incredible with how well they change with just a turn or two.