FOX 3.0 Rear Bypass Settings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rkneeshaw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thought I'd bump this thread rather than starting a new one, and share my findings.

SuperCab Gen 1, Deavers, Fox 3.0 front and rear
No weight in truck bed.

The front fox 3.0 shocks/struts feel really good to me. They dont feel too harsh, and they feel really controlled and stable. I have been trying to tune the rear bypass shocks to match how the front feel.

What I've found is the following seems to get really close:

Long tube: 4 turns out
Short tube: 4 turns out
Rebound: 1 turn out

I found on my truck that 1.5+ turns on rebound made the rear, well, rebound too much and rear felt too bouncy compared to the front of the truck. When coming off a bump that would compress the rear shocks the rear end felt as though it would kick up too much compared to the front of the truck.

Compression seems pretty close to right, on larger hits I'm still engaging the bump stops but not slamming them, and truck feels pretty consistent front to rear driving around town.

I suspect your mileage will vary with these settings depending on supercab vs supercrew (truck weight), how much weight you carry in the back, and what kind of rear springs you're running (standard duty deavers or HD deavers, or other).