Found some 1800 lumen headlights.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

McDowell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last edited:
OP
OP
McDowell

McDowell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The "good" ones that I have purchases before where anywhere from $100-$200

Sent from my iPhone

Jfab6969

Reaction score
I have a set like those, they put out nice light. the problem is when used in a stock headlight bucket the led only sends light one direction. So it uses only one side of the reflector. I have rotated the led in its socket to all the different positions and found that when its pointed to the outside of the truck (low beam side of reflector) the useable light is very low, height adjustment wise. But in this config you get usable low & hi beams.
when the led is pointed towards the inside of the truck (high beam side of reflector i think) you get good light that is high enough to use, but when you hit the high beams theres no noticable difference in light output. basically rendering high beam useless.

just my findings after trying HID in the stock housings ( super bright, but scattered unfocused bright light) now using LED bulbs (useless high beam, but bright white light)
I am going to just upgrade to OEM projectors and be done. Just my .02

OP
OP
McDowell

McDowell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a set like those, they put out nice light. the problem is when used in a stock headlight bucket the led only sends light one direction. So it uses only one side of the reflector. I have rotated the led in its socket to all the different positions and found that when its pointed to the outside of the truck (low beam side of reflector) the useable light is very low, height adjustment wise. But in this config you get usable low & hi beams.
when the led is pointed towards the inside of the truck (high beam side of reflector i think) you get good light that is high enough to use, but when you hit the high beams theres no noticable difference in light output. basically rendering high beam useless.

just my findings after trying HID in the stock housings ( super bright, but scattered unfocused bright light) now using LED bulbs (useless high beam, but bright white light)
I am going to just upgrade to OEM projectors and be done. Just my .02

The stock projectors are pretty awesome if I must say so myself.

Sent from my iPhone