Ford Emblem on Non-Applique Tailgate

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big-Foot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I answered this question more than once. There have been no contradictory answers in this entire thread. It's only 4 pages. Take 2 minutes to read the thread and you'll have your answer.

Not meaning to be a Richard Cranium, but yes, there has been a contradictory answer that has gone unchallenged in this thread ---
See post 20.
It sure sounds like this fella has first hand experience with having to remove clips from the inside of the tailgate.

Attachments

• IMG_6014.jpg
    IMG_6014.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 45

crash457

I'm Batman
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not meaning to be a Richard Cranium, but yes, there has been a contradictory answer that has gone unchallenged in this thread ---
See post 20.
It sure sounds like this fella has first hand experience with having to remove clips from the inside of the tailgate.

1. The question was whether or not there was holes behind the emblem, not clips.

2. That has not ever been disputed because it in no way contradicts what has been said in this thread.

3. My post on page 1 (post #9) clearly states, there is adhesive, clips, and alignment post behind the emblem, as well as advice on how to remove the emblem.

4. Post #2 (the very first response on this thread), I linked to my thread showing detailed photos of what is behind the emblem and how I replaced mine.

I fail to understand what is so confusing about this.

Big-Foot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad you're having so much fun with this thread Jenny!

Take a look at the picture below.
Emblem CLIPS are on the left. The ones on the right are called Emblem Tubular Nuts or Emblem Barrels.

If you pry gently on emblems that are mounted with the barrels, you will be successful in removing the emblem without ripping the cast stud out of the back of the emblem.
If that emblem is held in with Emblem Clips, you will pry on the emblem until the stud breaks which will be some period of time after you have deformed the sheet metal it is mounted in.

Oh yeah and the original question was where to find the replacement emblem. Your link was indicative of (to me) where to buy a billet emblem.

Anyway - Wev've probably wasted enough bandwidth here Jenny.
I will concede that you did, indeed, answer a couple questions (thank you) but now you know why some people may have been concerned.

Anybody know where I could find a replacement emblem that matches the "F150" and "Raptor"

The big blue emblem just doesn't match to my eyes. I've seen some on eBay for the 2016 model year F150, but I'm not sure those will work.

Any help is much appreciated.

Have a good one...

Attachments

• IMG_6017.jpg
    IMG_6017.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 40

crash457

I'm Batman
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Glad you're having so much fun with this thread Jenny!

Take a look at the picture below.
Emblem CLIPS are on the left. The ones on the right are called Emblem Tubular Nuts or Emblem Barrels.

If you pry gently on emblems that are mounted with the barrels, you will be successful in removing the emblem without ripping the cast stud out of the back of the emblem.
If that emblem is held in with Emblem Clips, you will pry on the emblem until the stud breaks which will be some period of time after you have deformed the sheet metal it is mounted in.

Oh yeah and the original question was where to find the replacement emblem. Your link was indicative of (to me) where to buy a billet emblem.

Anyway - Wev've probably wasted enough bandwidth here Jenny.
I will concede that you did, indeed, answer a couple questions (thank you) but now you know why some people may have been concerned.

Have a good one...
First off, neither of the two clips you show are used to hold the Blue Oval emblem on. Don't be so quick to answer a question when you don't know the correct answer. Your signature shows your truck on order. I can only assume you have not replaced the emblem on a 2017 Raptor. I have. You can seen by the pictures of the emblem I removed as well as a picture of a stock emblem with the adhesive still appled that it is held on with standard trim clips. These are designed to be pulled out without any damage to the clip, emblem, or body panel.

Second, I did not answer some questions. I have answered all of them. Because I find it pointless to answer them a second time, does not mean the answers are any less valid. So no, I do not understand why anyone is confused.

Finally, the original question is not where to find a stock replacement emblem, it was where to find one that matches the F150 and Raptor emblems, which is what I replaced mine with. So my link is valid.

Attachments

• 20170417_192237.jpg
    20170417_192237.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 31
  • 20170417_192246.jpg
    20170417_192246.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

Big-Foot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice work there Jenny!
A picture's worth a thousand words - not to mention removes some degree of confusion.
Thanks for that!

I'll be in your area in about a month for the Pete & Jake's open house showing one of our cars.
I'll buy you a beer!

Ironhorse07

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Before you get your ******* in a *** and start viewing crash's curt response as a personal affront I would like to throw in, since you are relatively new here, that as you read through these gen 2 threads there is a general pattern of laziness and people get frustrated answering the same question over and over in the same thread and across multiple threads on the same subject.

JetDriver480

FRF Addict
Reaction score
In some's defense and I am using it as an excuse my search feature does not work. It takes me to some other website. Other's having this issue with the search feature on this site?

CFIT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In some's defense and I am using it as an excuse my search feature does not work. It takes me to some other website. Other's having this issue with the search feature on this site?

It works for me. I'm wondering if you're entering your search into the click bait banner (marked with a red box in the screenshot below) rather than the using the search button in the menu bar (marked with a green arrow)?

23821501dfb10a6921badcc6392a05a7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk