FOLLOW UP: HAVE A CHANCE AT A 37 --NEED SOME INPUT:

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bruin1md

Reaction score
So, after ruling out the tremor and being told there is an allocation for a Raptor (35 only), I was also told this same dealership has an actual build date with an order submitted on a 37 Raptor, with the build date set for Jan 19th. And yes, it's available at MSRP for me.

I had no desire to get a 37, but as I tend to turn my vehicles over every 2-3 years, re sale matter. I know the 37 allocations are much fewer than the 35's, and I know someone else already asked the question whether people think the 37's will hold value better. Ergo, I wanted to throw this out there:

If I stick with the original plan and forego this 37 and order my 35 spec'd the way I want it, it comes to just over $73,300 (Atlas Blue or White + 801 package, spray in bed liner + rubber mat). The issue is that no one really knows when I will actually get a build date and VIN. The way things are going, maybe it takes 6-8 months? In the interim, maybe the value I get back on my 4runner sale also goes down.

If I take the 37 at hand, it comes out to $81,325. It's AMB and has the 801A, plus the spray in bedliner, carbon fiber package, and the tow package with moonroof. I want the step for the bed but hate having to get the moonroof, which is why I opted against that in my 35 build. Also, this doesn't have the Recaros.
With a Jan 19 build date, it will still likely take another couple of months, assuming no supply chain issues, right?

Question: is it worthwhile to take the 37 in hand and spend the extra money, knowing that if I decide I want a 35 in a year when things calm down a bit, I can sell this 37 without losing much of anything?
And if I go that route, am I better off seeing if I can dump the moonroof package and add on the Recaro's?

Or should I wait it out and roll the dice on getting a 35 the way I want?

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd get the 37 if it's really at MSRP. Will retain it's resale extremely well given the difficulty of getting one, especially at MSRP.

Then you can just get a custom 35 built down the road while building some equity (never thought I'd say that about a Ford truck lol)

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'd get the 37 if it's really at MSRP. Will retain it's resale extremely well given the difficulty of getting one, especially at MSRP.

Then you can just get a custom 35 built down the road while building some equity (never thought I'd say that about a Ford truck lol)

While I think the Raptors hold value really well, it's still not an investment. If you want the 37 then get the 37. If you really want the 35, then get the 35. Playing the game of trying to hold the 37 for awhile knowing you will likely sell it's just going to cost extra and likely a lot of stress while you hope one vehicle retains value while the new new vehicle you order gets made as fast as possible despite all the known delay issues.

OP
OP
B

bruin1md

Reaction score
It looks like they can modify the 37 build. I'm thinking of eliminating the tow package/moonroof and adding the Blue Recaro's-- although I haven't seen the seats in person.
How do they compare comfort wise for long drives with the standard leather package?
Thoughts?

OP
OP
B

bruin1md

Reaction score

I'm leaning in that direction as well. Thoughts on the Recaros in terms of comfort/resale? I've heard the blue is polarizing.

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While I think the Raptors hold value really well, it's still not an investment. If you want the 37 then get the 37. If you really want the 35, then get the 35. Playing the game of trying to hold the 37 for awhile knowing you will likely sell it's just going to cost extra and likely a lot of stress while you hope one vehicle retains value while the new new vehicle you order gets made as fast as possible despite all the known delay issues.
I agree it's not an investment. That being said, as a temporary measure to guarantee a Raptor (when they are currently difficult to get), buying a 37 package at MSRP is extremely low risk. My friend has has several offers to purchase his used 37 PP at well over MSRP. So while not a long term investment, it's not a bad course of action in the interim either.

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm leaning in that direction as well. Thoughts on the Recaros in terms of comfort/resale? I've heard the blue is polarizing.
I don't love the looks of them, but they seem desirable by non off-roaders and by some off- road enthusiasts. The 37 PP in it's entirety has some novelty that I think will help it's resale until Ford figures out their production problems. My friend has a 37 PP that I drove for 500 miles, the seats are very comfortable, and not off putting in anyway, but still wouldn't be my personal first choice. I don't think the blue seats will be detrimental to resale, especially with them being removed from 22MY trucks from my understanding, that will make them an even rarer configuration.