Folks running a Cobb AccessPort and have it displaying gauges realtime

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Quiker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What gauges are you showing?
I'm in the middle of tuning - so I'm showing boost pressure, Actual AFR, Est. HP and Est. Torque, and shift lights.
What do you show that is useful?Cobb Screen.jpg

TwizzleStix

Pudendum Inspector aka FORZDA 1
Reaction score
What gauges are you showing?
I'm in the middle of tuning - so I'm showing boost pressure, Actual AFR, Est. HP and Est. Torque, and shift lights.
What do you show that is useful?View attachment 326819
The gauges displayed should be real-time performance parameters and no guesses like hp, tq, etc. I’ve done all the tuning on my truck using the AP, so any tune-related changes require a full datalog. So, here’s what I recommend for a real-time set of data that will keep you informed on the health of the engine. First pic with idle parameters and second pic with a 2-5 gear WOT pull.

If you notice, the max timing added is 2.71deg. The actual added was less than 2.0 deg due to my tune, but at part throttle the ECU adds lots of timing for efficiency at light throttle. Like I said, lots of info, no questions in just a few parameters.

Attachments

• 04257D92-D20B-4E20-90DE-0C239CEA295E.jpeg
    04257D92-D20B-4E20-90DE-0C239CEA295E.jpeg
    190.7 KB · Views: 63
  • 8673704A-3E55-43ED-B5DC-56408B36C53C.jpeg
    8673704A-3E55-43ED-B5DC-56408B36C53C.jpeg
    158 KB · Views: 60

Boostd4

Reaction score
I typically have the Knock counter, oil temp, water temp, IAT, Boost, and trans temp. I'm mostly concerned with fluid and air temps with this engine as these Ecoboost engines seem to run really hot. I'm still working on an IC and a lower temp thermostat...but for now these are my metrics.

Graybeard

Reaction score
If you did any fuel system modifications, or are running a blend of ethanol, you may want to display fuel pressures. HPFP actual & desired for the high pressure side and FRP for the low side.

TwizzleStix

Pudendum Inspector aka FORZDA 1
Reaction score
If you did any fuel system modifications, or are running a blend of ethanol, you may want to display fuel pressures. HPFP actual & desired for the high pressure side and FRP for the low side.
The only way you can determine a pressure/flow problem is through a data log that shows the other related parameters. This is done during the tuning process to ensure you aren’t exceeding the hardware capability.

JefferyGT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would be interesting to see intake air temperature before and after intercooler installation.