Fluid change intervals

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

Deleted member 12951

Rick - you should get with Jimbo. I'm thinking he changed one of his diffs or his trans recently and it was pretty cloudy/milky after TRR. He was one of the trucks stuck out on the course when it rained real hard and dumped a bunch of water on the course......

Waiting too long may not be a good move.

Thanks. I never got stuck or buried that deep. I am going to do it for peace of mind.

Kahuna

THE MORE YOU PLAY WITH IT, THE BIGGER IT GETS
Reaction score
Dayum, just got this quote from my local stealership:

"Change fluid in front diff—$250.00
Change fluid in rear diff--$250.00
Change fluid in transfer case—$100.00
If you also wanted to service the automatic transmission that would be approx $240.00"

T-case seems reasonable but the diffs?!?

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Dayum, just got this quote from my local stealership:

"Change fluid in front diff—$250.00
Change fluid in rear diff--$250.00
Change fluid in transfer case—$100.00
If you also wanted to service the automatic transmission that would be approx $240.00"

T-case seems reasonable but the diffs?!?
The diff fluid changes at the dealer can very. And sometimes they run specials. $250/diff is ridiculous. Should be in the $90 - $125 range.

Yukon Joe :baby: :baby:

D

Deleted member 12951

My rear diff had a slight wet leak. Dealer fixed it under warranty and changed the fluid. I told them to go ahead and change the front diff and charge me so they were done at the same time. Front diff was $50.