Floor jack discussion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
BTW, the owner's manual says to never jack at the differential. It's unsafe to do that. You need one tire on the ground with the parking brake locked even if you are using tire chocks (which I do).

Yeah that's mostly a liability/protecting against lack of common sense type thing. If you're on flat ground, you can jack under the diff and not even chock the front wheels. While you should chock the fronts, It would take some serious force to get the truck rolling anywhere with half the weight of the truck on the jack wheels to try and roll, and once you get the jack stands under the rear axle, it's not rolling anywhere.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Write off the Owner's Manual at your own hazard, Reptar, but please don't advise others to take unnecessary risks with their trucks or their lives.

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Write off the Owner's Manual at your own hazard, Reptar, but please don't advise others to take unnecessary risks with their trucks or their lives.

You're right.....if you're an idiot, don't attempt it at all, take it to a shop and put your man card in the shredder. If you're the slightest bit competent, go right ahead without being overly OCD about it lol :Plugged:

OilPatch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't have my truck yet, but I'm hoping mine will work. Is 19" of max height tall enough for our trucks at stock height or am I going to have to get something different?

Stang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My old craftsman was 19" and I struggled rotating tires. The Harbor Freight 2 ton low profile / high lift (24") is way better. Love the foot pedal and rapid pump. It's a solid piece of equipment.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

996Turbo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We just bought this floor jack. It is made by zendex. It's expensive but it is worth it if you will be jacking a lot of different vehicles up. 3600lbs limit. It is low profile enough that we used it on our 1967 corvette.

ebapujaq.jpg

2yvygu4u.jpg

pe6ajyvy.jpg

Mike175

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey fellas looking at getting a set of jack stands and a good jack.

NAPA is running a sale on jack stands right now that I want to pick up. I believe the max open height is 24". Is that high enough to get the wheels on and off? If it is not what is minimum height I need to clear a tire to remove for rotation?

Tiberius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey fellas looking at getting a set of jack stands and a good jack.

NAPA is running a sale on jack stands right now that I want to pick up. I believe the max open height is 24". Is that high enough to get the wheels on and off? If it is not what is minimum height I need to clear a tire to remove for rotation?

Similar question. Just Orileys. Doesnt seem any different to me than the harbor freight one.