Floor Heating Mods, anyone?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm getting tried with the floor heat vents.
My right little toe is baking and my left one is turning blue, won't even melt all the snow off the left boot and the right one gets dry in a half hour.

I was just wondering if someone did or knows where to look for duct work for automobiles.
I would like to run a tube/duct across the bay under the dash with two vents aiming down to get both feet warm equally.

I'm sure you Snoballers have notice this. :)

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

gordhunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine works fine I leave it on auto all the time even at - 40c and no issues at all best heater I've ever had never fogs up or anything. Sounds like a flap is stuck or something

Sent from my Note2

OP
OP
MTF

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There is only one small floor vent on each side the console pointing down at your right foot, at least on a 2010.

No flap stuck my right little toe says. LOL

I don't have a problem with heating the truck, it's just me and my flavor of how I want the air to move.

But thanks sir.

Last edited:

Wrong Way

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm getting tried with the floor heat vents.
My right little toe is baking and my left one is turning blue, won't even melt all the snow off the left boot and the right one gets dry in a half hour.

I was just wondering if someone did or knows where to look for duct work for automobiles.
I would like to run a tube/duct across the bay under the dash with two vents aiming down to get both feet warn equally.

I'm sure you Snowballers have notice this. :)

Thanks in advance.

I think your idea will work and probably not to hard to fab up.

frankie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No flap stuck my right little toe says. LOL

I don't have a problem with heating the truck, it's just me and my flavor of how I want the air to move.

You want it more convection like - even airflow around them little piggies. LoL

Sounds like your gonna have to doctor up a vent of your own to guide the airflow more evenly.

Does this same condition exist in the different model years? 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013?

OP
OP
MTF

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So I think I solved my issue, stuck a paper towel behind the toe cooking vent now all the air comes out around the back, heating everything up.
Don't worry I will fix that with some black tape and leave the top slot open.

If you look at the two pics you can see they did the right thing on the passenger side but not the drivers side.

2013-01-27_10-06-27_102.jpg

2013-01-27_10-07-05_696.jpg

Last edited: