Finally Detailed the Truck!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

New Guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I best not think about the Dealer offering to wash my truck. Truthfully I try to go green and want to tell them do not even bother with the floor mat paper covers or plastic seat wraps.

I have my WeatherTechs, Cordura seat covers, and my paint's been through enough to not even bother. But yeah, I agree with everyone I sometimes get lucky and catch them before they can take it off to get washed because that's the beauty of these trucks dirty or clean, they're awesome.

tipnring

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DO NOT LET YOUR DEALER WASH IT! Yes it sucks, but taking delivery of a dirty truck will prevent some lazy porter at the dealership from putting swirl marks in the paint. When you get it home, 2-bucket wash, iron decontamination (CarPro Iron-X or Adam's Deep Wheel Cleaner), rinse, dry, clay bar, and sealant. Optional, you could add a wax for more protection on top of the sealant.

Yes, I backed out of a deal on a truck once when the porter that washed my black Silverado got swirl marks in the paint. The sales manager was real smart about it when The salesperson told him about my concern. He said that it would get swirl marks on it when I washed it. Wrong thing to say, I drove over to another Chevy dealer & bought one they had the same day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

OP
OP
Nick@Apollo-Optics

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
No. I do. But this makes it easier to clean and protects the paint from the dirt, too. And I just kinda like detailing my truck too.