Feasibility of MyFord Touch and Sync upgrades

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Are there any Sync apps for Android?

Also, how do I stream music through bluetooth?

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not a fan of Pandora... Anything else? I wish I could stream off bluetooth with my own music

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmm? Still can't find it. I have a 2010 and i haven't ever updated sync. Did it come in an update maybe?

CineSLR

Roaming Shutterbug
Reaction score
The Sync Apps button I use most is in the Phone menu. Could be in media too, but that is what I use to receive destinations from Google Maps.

HVee,
You can stream bluetooth audio straight from your phone (anything from netflix to music stored on the phone). You go to media and where it says source (probably "Line In"), click that button and it should switch to BTS.

*Side note, I have connection problems if I leave the system in BTS mode when I'm not using it. IE, when your done with BTS, make sure you switch it to Line IN before swithcing to other sources such as radio. It doesn't happen all the time, and the time it takes to disconnect is completely random but still annoying. The weird part is that the BT Audio still works, just disconnects the phone control/calling from the system. Not sure if its just my phones, but it did it with my DX as well as RAZR.

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hmm? Still can't find it. I have a 2010 and i haven't ever updated sync. Did it come in an update maybe?

Not sure. What version do you have? I believe mine is... V4.0.2

---------- Post added at 02:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:17 PM ----------

Oh... it might be in Phone... Sorry. I'm without my Raptor for a week so I could have mispoke...

---------- Post added at 02:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:18 PM ----------

CineSLR, thanks for the tip. I'll check that out when I get home to my baby

Mjolnir

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Rhapsody & other apps

So,

I'm updated to 4.0.2 on my 2012, and I cannot for the life of me get Rhapsody and Pandora to be recognized as mobile apps with my iPhone 5 running 6.1.4

I can stream them via Bluetooth, but I cannot get Sync to recognize them as apps so I can control through the head unit.

anyone have any suggestions?