F1 install question....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tejas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had no issues installing mine, super easy and I love it!

Viper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i dunno, im frustrated with alot of things in general, and today was close to sending me over the edge lol. im still not super happy about how it installed, but, ill get over it.

Jugg.... I felt your pain. Hated those fing clamps, rotating sob's. My mindset was that this is a truck and the interior of the bed will show that. Mines not a street queen and will be used. Still hated the fing clamps. I sealed the drain holes in the front of the cover and will not be punching holes in my bed for flipping plastic drain tubes. I have a little leakage near the tailgate but nothing I can't live with. F-ing clamps!

mblgjr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The clamps take some patience and def. a ratchet to get it right.

I used some Teflon sheet material and place it on the inside of the railing, so my clamps aren't completely biting through the paint. This stuff is super tough and will compress slightly without tearing through.

Team Associated Chassis Protective Sheet [ASC9787] | RC Cars & Trucks - A Main Hobbies

Just cut it and make a pad for where the clamp sits.

Also, the "shims" they mention are already pre-installed on the rails from Bakflip. So there's nothing to do. Just take it out of the box and put it on the truck.

If you're running a Bedtred (I am) or Bedrug, you need to install it FIRST. Otherwise you're going to be pulling the rails off to realign everything.

If you wail on the clamps, you will get bedrail dimples. I only tightened mine enough for the rails to be secure and I got faint dimples, but it's easy to go overboard. The sheetmetal of the bed is pretty thin and pulls easily in this area, so don't go overboard, the clamps will hold without going king-kong on them.