Dude's 2017 Build Thread!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sitdown

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another option... You can get a onX6 bar with the upgraded XL80 20w LEDs. They're sold as their "HiPower" models, but is a onX6 bar with upgraded circuits.

Best of both worlds ;) I run a HiPower 40" Arc and XL80s

OP
OP
dude1782

dude1782

FRF Addict
Reaction score
With that said would you run your 40" or 4 XL80s

ie: the same $$ spent (or close to)

Most of the time I run just the outsides of my custom order 40" hi power arc light bar. It gives me good enough coverage and visibility and helps others to see me without blinding them. When it's totally dark I run all 65,00 lumens of forward lighting and so far I've gotten up to 80 with no visibility problems.

If I had to choose I would pick the bar because it performs great all around and it fits well with the kind of bumper I always knew I wanted and I had designed and custom made that way and to specifically fit this bar perfectly. That being said, you could get a really nice and tight frame cut bumper and fit 4 XL80s very nicely behind or on top. Lighting and bumpers all depend on your needs and tastes.

Last edited:
OP
OP
dude1782

dude1782

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've heard some complaints about the eibach springs but I have to say they were balanced in the whoops and didn't bounce around when the front came down from charging up a dune or landing after leaving the ground.

Sitdown

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wonder if bumps might have limited some of your compression, and avoided the touchdown and bedside tear. If that tear was the rear of well, a dovetail would solve that, and easy fix for you. But with it pulled down, guessing its the front of the well :whymewhyme: Any idea if you were contacting prior to that hit that tore it? Saw @stickman has been out on his k02 37s and did some jumping. He runs the +3s as well, but with bumps.

Thanks for updating regarding the Eibachs too, we really need more real world feedback on these. I know way back when a minority of ppl complained/still rant about mid perch being "too firm" and "aggressive"... Im sure a few new owners read this and then missed out on one of the best first mods for the truck, and free albeit. Hope this to not be the same case since there super cheap option for us, and might draw more ppl to develop better ones, and cheaper than the raptor taxed ones we've see so far.

OP
OP
dude1782

dude1782

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wonder if bumps might have limited some of your compression, and avoided the touchdown and bedside tear. If that tear was the rear of well, a dovetail would solve that, and easy fix for you. But with it pulled down, guessing its the front of the well :whymewhyme: Any idea if you were contacting prior to that hit that tore it? Saw @stickman has been out on his k02 37s and did some jumping. He runs the +3s as well, but with bumps.

Thanks for updating regarding the Eibachs too, we really need more real world feedback on these. I know way back when a minority of ppl complained/still rant about mid perch being "too firm" and "aggressive"... Im sure a few new owners read this and then missed out on one of the best first mods for the truck, and free albeit. Hope this to not be the same case since there super cheap option for us, and might draw more ppl to develop better ones, and cheaper than the raptor taxed ones we've see so far.

It is in the front of the well. I’ve already dovetailed the rear. In the front I was getting contact in that spot (pic below). I first tore off the flare running through the whoop section I described earlier and the metal had not yet been torn. After I had removed the flare by removing the two bolts that were still holding it on I went out 2 more times. One of those times I ran a pretty long whoop section at about 80. I’m not exactly sure when I tore the metal though since I didn’t notice it until I got home and unloaded. I already plan on getting bump stops next time it goes in.

6d4951a8c14333c49d1ebd2b9820c90a.jpg

Sent from my 2017 Raptor using Tapatalk

OP
OP
dude1782

dude1782

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Another update with some things I thought of. Not getting any coil bind with my eibachs. Some people were complaining about coil bind but I went and checked and didn't see any marks.

I love my bison cooler. The latches are very nice and the dual drains are handy. It still had ice when I emptied it after a week 60-80º outside and the ice ratio was pretty low so I was surprised.

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
spending hundreds of dollars on a cooler just doesn't make sense. there are good fridges and fridge/freezers out there and you don't have to deal with buying/finding ice and wet/soaked food.

OP
OP
dude1782

dude1782

FRF Addict
Reaction score
spending hundreds of dollars on a cooler just doesn't make sense. there are good fridges and fridge/freezers out there and you don't have to deal with buying/finding ice and wet/soaked food.

Coolers come in bigger/more sizes, you don't need power, they are cheaper than ARB fridges, and nice coolers hold ice better than cheap coolers. Plus ice is really cheap. If your food is getting wet you're probably doing something wrong. But you don't have to buy one if you don't want one. :biggrin:

Bison coolers is also a supporting vendor. They're helpful, responsive, and they'll give you a nice discount.

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Coolers come in bigger/more sizes, you don't need power, they are cheaper than ARB fridges, and nice coolers hold ice better than cheap coolers. Plus ice is really cheap. If your food is getting wet you're probably doing something wrong. But you don't have to buy one if you don't want one. :biggrin:

Bison coolers is also a supporting vendor. They're helpful, responsive, and they'll give you a nice discount.

I'm sure Bison makes great coolers and I'm glad they're a supporting vendor. If I was going to buy a cooler I'm sure it'd be a Bison.

But, your arguments for coolers and against fridges are silly. Really.

"You don't need power." HA HA We're Raptor owners - I have plenty of power all the time via built in 110v 400 watt outlets and 12v DC power points and, thanks to FORSCan changes (and Livnitup) my Raptor's power outlets are on all the time. And the Raptor Crew Cab has plenty of room even for a big Whynter 65 Qt. Fridge/Freezer on the floor in back.

And "nice coolers hold ice better than cheap coolers" - brilliant! Ice melts in coolers and things get wet. I've used coolers for years and know them well.

Some time back I realized like many that you buy a fridge once and you don't have to worry about buying ice or finding more of it on a multi-day trip especially the desert trips I take.

It's not the fancy/spendy ARB unit you mention; it's a Whynter 65 Qt. Dual Zone Fridge/Freezer

Whynter 2 cu. ft. 62 Qt. Dual Zone Portable Freezer in Gray-FM-62DZ - The Home Depot

1f4fdd2b-9330-4f60-82a2-bbd85763ddc3_1000.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008VX01P2/?tag=fordraptorforum-20

82d3a8cc-1cab-427b-b656-7080040d6a87_1000.jpg