Driveshaft clunk in reverse on first drive

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Recently, when I back out of my parking spot first thing in the morning, I have been getting a rather large clunk coming from under my 2019.
Im assuming it is driveshaft related since the noise is rather loud. It has been well below freezing over night and I'm not sure if its temperature related but it only started happening during this cold snap.
I auto start my truck regularly and always back out but I may turn my truck around tonight to see if I get the same sound when driving forward. It goes away after the initial 50 feet of pulling out of my driveway but it has been consistent 3 mornings in a row. I should also note that I am in 4A.
Has anyone ever experienced this?
Don't get in a lather, folks been pissy this weekend. Must be the moon or something. Single clunk when you put it in gear or clunk clunk clunk down the road? @Nex has had that problem when a dead hōōker he parked on froze to the driveshaft. I'm hoping that's not it, but if it is, you're in good company.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Don't get in a lather, folks been pissy this weekend. Must be the moon or something. Single clunk when you put it in gear or clunk clunk clunk down the road? @Nex has had that problem when a dead hōōker he parked on froze to the driveshaft. I'm hoping that's not it, but if it is, you're in good company.

falcon-out.gif

OP
OP
C
Reaction score
Multiple clunks while rolling in reverse. No clunks when shifting into gear. I will try to get a video in the morning.

OP
OP
C
Reaction score
its a joke because there are about 756 different clunk threads. as bad as ppf, tint, 20in rims, and if 37s fit the truck threads. its repetative and gets old really. so before this turns into a shit show, we gunna learn you today boy. have you used the seach feature? i found 30 pages of clunk in the search bar.
Yes, I searched. Like I said I couldn't find any specific to reverse and upon first roll after sitting over night. Most clunks I read about we are related to IWE, shocks and driveshaft noises while at speed.

OP
OP
C
Reaction score
My Gen2 used to do that on occasion, along with a few other annoying things. It didn't cause any long term probs though.

If you have forscan try resetting the transmission learning.

It's part of the Raptor mystique.
Thanks, I have forscan and I'll give that a try.