Drive Shaft REAR JOINT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gunner75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Auto Tech for years, my 2012 Raptor Screw sounds like a rear joint going out, but seems a bit off on the sound and when the sound occurs. May try the grease advice, but man alive I would be pulling the flange and expecting a tight joint back in the day!

Gunner75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a "clunk" sound along with dry needle "ping" all in one on my 2012. Was hoping to pull the shaft and lube this weekend, just couldn't get if done. Will post results.

Gunner75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah it is, but I happen to have a bitch'n set of tools I haven't used everyday for a couple years so I don't mind the excuse to bust a knuckle on such a minor task.

Gunner75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Part No: XG*8* 1206 Lubricant $7.92

Pulled the shaft, lubed it up very well (Inside yoke splines)

No more ping sound what so ever. Still some driveline noise, but doesn't sound like a rear joint is going out.
I did notice the rear joint seemed a bit snug, but certainly no issue there.

reid_88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i just had my '11 screw in for the same issue. i searched though some of the threads on here and i found that my drive shaft had already been replaced with a "corrected" model, all the right #'s and whatnot. I still had the "clunk", so i took her in and they replaced the ds, again. This has fixed the problem as far as i can tell. hopefully this fix will last.