Does any one have the Roush CAI?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bryson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Really intrested in the Roush CAI. Anyone have picks and feed back on it?

Thanks!!

Deinonychus

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I got my Roush CAI in December 2011.
Mine has an oval conical filter. They told me they changed it to a round conical filter and I bought one.

The "new" round filter is quite a bit smaller than the "old" oval filter.

Do some more research to validate my finding.

whisler151

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had it and recently put the stock intake back on. I would not recommend that anyone do any off road driving with this CAI...or any CAI that has an open filter with no cover.

Being that it is open, anything that drains through the hood vents will find its way onto the filter. Not to mention it is sucking in a lot of hot air.

Wheela

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had it and recently put the stock intake back on. I would not recommend that anyone do any off road driving with this CAI...or any CAI that has an open filter with no cover.

Being that it is open, anything that drains through the hood vents will find its way onto the filter. Not to mention it is sucking in a lot of hot air.

ya thats why i went with AFE stage 2 with 5star lid, had a airaid and went mudding and my housing got filled up, I also noticed like you said about the hood vents, with a open intake if it just sitting in a drive-way in the rain, water will literally drip down, splash on the windshield washer fluid container, and splash right into an open intake. watched it do that, def always rocking a lid