DIY Unlimited Custom Aux Labels for $60

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MAMiller44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve seen people posting about paying upwards of $30-$40 for custom aux switch labels and frankly they don’t look great with the black background since the switches are actually really dark gray. The moment I saw them
I knew what these folks selling them were doing, and I already had the stuff to make them. Here’s some photos of mine, took all of 20 minutes to make and install. I’m only actually using aux 2, 3, and 4 right for lights. 5 is pre-labeled for air, then 1 and 6 are just for fun right now.

Here’s how you can do it too for $60 and swap them out as often as you’d like.

Step 1: Buy the equipment: Brother P-Touch Cube Smartphone Label Maker There might be others to use but I like this one because you can upload images. Just google something like “air compressor icon” and as long as it’s a black and white image, the Brother app will do everything for you.

Step 2: Buy the material: Brother Genuine P-Touch Tape 1/2" (12 mm) White On Clear I’m a big fan of the white on clear because if you rub it on real well, you can hardly see the clear.

Step 3: Just do it. The Brother app is dummy proof and made for 65 year old grandmas to be able to label everything to their hearts desire. I pray anyone on here can figure it out lol. I attached a screenshot of the app interface in case you’re curious.

Enjoy, and share pics of yours!

Pro Tip: Crop your images tight to the edge of the icon before uploading to the app so it’s the maximum height when printing. If there’s white space around the icon itself it’ll be smaller when printed.

A407B56C-894C-4623-8806-EDF50CDF16DD.jpeg

3EFA3E67-7899-49A5-B305-91C1D70C1D42.jpeg

B5333221-7A67-4FFA-BE47-A60514AA5C35.png

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Very much like. I thought about buying the pre-made version a while back, but have held off till I used more aux switches, knowing I'd want to change the labels later on. This is a more costly solution, but the ability to switch out labels is great.

Perhaps, the coolest part of this, you can get it for your wife for Mother's day, then conveniently borrow it when needed!

OP
OP
MAMiller44

MAMiller44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very much like. I thought about buying the pre-made version a while back, but have held off till I used more aux switches, knowing I'd want to change the labels later on. This is a more costly solution, but the ability to switch out labels is great.

Perhaps, the coolest part of this, you can get it for your wife for Mother's day, then conveniently borrow it when needed!
Hahaha, well I’m single but pro tip #2 for those who can use it. Yea it’s nice cause you don’t have to worry about ******* it up or locking in your decision.

I crimped and put heat shrink disconnects on all of my aux leads so I can adjust as needed in the engine bay too. For example I have six rigid pods up front for Fogs. Two are standard radiance and connected to #3. Four are Radiance Scene connected to #2. The two will run off 5a so I could just unplug and reconnect to #5 or #6 if I want and print a new label.

Last edited:

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

This is going to be you!

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

This is going to be you!