Dirty Deeds Exhaust Group Buy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
CrownOffroad

CrownOffroad

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The group buy has concluded and all deposits have been received. We did have one member who had to back out of the group buy, however don't worry the full discount is still in full effect. The order for all the exhaust systems was placed with Dirty Deeds on December 2nd. As previously mentioned, we will ship these just as quickly as possible with a potential target date of Christmas for the first few. I will be in touch once these are ready to ship for final payment.

Please let me know if there are any questions in the mean time. Have a great week.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
constructive criticism here. the bracket holding up the tailpipe will snap like a twig in a heartbeat. recommend that the design is changed before it ever makes it to a Raptor or else you will have several unhappy customers on your hands.

OP
OP
CrownOffroad

CrownOffroad

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
constructive criticism here. the bracket holding up the tailpipe will snap like a twig in a heartbeat. recommend that the design is changed before it ever makes it to a Raptor or else you will have several unhappy customers on your hands.

Definitely appreciate the feedback! While it looks rather less that adequate, it's actually more robust than you think or at least more sturdy than it looks. I have personally taken this system all over the Colorado mountains and through the Arizona deserts at 90+ mph just over the Thanksgiving holiday. Solid. I can even stand on the tail pipe section. Regardless, feedback is the best thing possible as it often leads to improvements or fixes.

Mr. Keith Carty @dirtydeeds, please see comment above!

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Definitely appreciate the feedback! While it looks rather less that adequate, it's actually more robust than you think or at least more sturdy than it looks. I have personally taken this system all over the Colorado mountains and through the Arizona deserts at 90+ mph just over the Thanksgiving holiday. Solid. I can even stand on the tail pipe section. Regardless, feedback is the best thing possible as it often leads to improvements or fixes.

Mr. Keith Carty @dirtydeeds, please see comment above!

I'm sorry to **** in the punch bowl and wish I had seen this thread earlier. I was running a "lightning exit" exhaust for a while and could not figure a way to keep it on the truck. I have since installed a different rear exit system utilizing the factory rubber hangers. Also note that Stainless Works despite their best efforts have experienced well documented issues with their Lightning Style exhaust system. And quite frankly, their brackets are more robust than the ones shown here.

On the lightning style system I installed (JBA), the stock welded bracket snapped off at the first sniff of dirt. It was quite pathetic, actually. The bracket took a golf ball sized hole of the tailpipe with it when it decided to check out.

I then repaired/reinforced the section with a bracket, exactly like pictured on this setup, and it failed twice. Once the bolt securing the bracket its self sheared clean off, and the second time the bracket its self just snapped in half. Ask @wiz1500, he crawled under for an attempt to repair for a third time at Havoc in the Hills... to no avail.

There's a reason the factory exhaust on our trucks and others are hung with rubber hangers because it needs to give. The slightest contact with a rock or branch either a direct hit or something that gets thrown up will destroy stuff in a hurry.

Given that this system sits so closely to the body of the truck, I'm assuming the idea is for it not to move freely with the jostling of the truck off-road. Unfortunately that rigidity will lead to that brackets snapping fairly easily at the first sign of action from the typical hard running Raptor owner.

dirtydeeds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry to **** in the punch bowl and wish I had seen this thread earlier. I was running a "lightning exit" exhaust for a while and could not figure a way to keep it on the truck. I have since installed a different rear exit system utilizing the factory rubber hangers. Also note that Stainless Works despite their best efforts have experienced well documented issues with their Lightning Style exhaust system. And quite frankly, their brackets are more robust than the ones shown here.

On the lightning style system I installed (JBA), the stock welded bracket snapped off at the first sniff of dirt. It was quite pathetic, actually. The bracket took a golf ball sized hole of the tailpipe with it when it decided to check out.

I then repaired/reinforced the section with a bracket, exactly like pictured on this setup, and it failed twice. Once the bolt securing the bracket its self sheared clean off, and the second time the bracket its self just snapped in half. Ask @wiz1500, he crawled under for an attempt to repair for a third time at Havoc in the Hills... to no avail.

There's a reason the factory exhaust on our trucks and others are hung with rubber hangers because it needs to give. The slightest contact with a rock or branch either a direct hit or something that gets thrown up will destroy stuff in a hurry.

Given that this system sits so closely to the body of the truck, I'm assuming the idea is for it not to move freely with the jostling of the truck off-road. Unfortunately that rigidity will lead to that brackets snapping fairly easily at the first sign of action from the typical hard running Raptor owner.

I definitely appreciate the feedback too:)

These systems are guaranteed for the life of the truck, but I don't suspect that anyone will have to warranty them out:)

I tested this configuration on a couple of different trucks. SVTDon being one of them;) His did break off, but we modified the hanger (for the worse) There wasn't enough gap between the rubber and the exhaust pipe and it burnt the rubber hanger material.

I have my exhaust hung this way and I beat the snot out of my truck in the sand and hard pack:)

http://youtu.be/o8914D9lLK0?list=UU_1sMQmLZp17QjHkozQVMhA

Last thing that I want is to **** off a bunch of guys when I'm the new guy;)

I'll actually make a slight redesign to the systems of this group buy:) I'm going to double layer the area where the hanger welds to the pipe. This will give more surface area for the hanger to weld to. OverKill, but that's the point. Also, this hanger isn't the typical 'j-hook' style hanger. It's fully wrapped.

And again, if there is a problem I will warranty it:)

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
I definitely appreciate the feedback too:)

These systems are guaranteed for the life of the truck, but I don't suspect that anyone will have to warranty them out:)

I tested this configuration on a couple of different trucks. SVTDon being one of them;) His did break off, but we modified the hanger (for the worse) There wasn't enough gap between the rubber and the exhaust pipe and it burnt the rubber hanger material.

I have my exhaust hung this way and I beat the snot out of my truck in the sand and hard pack:)

http://youtu.be/o8914D9lLK0?list=UU_1sMQmLZp17QjHkozQVMhA

Last thing that I want is to **** off a bunch of guys when I'm the new guy;)

I'll actually make a slight redesign to the systems of this group buy:) I'm going to double layer the area where the hanger welds to the pipe. This will give more surface area for the hanger to weld to. OverKill, but that's the point. Also, this hanger isn't the typical 'j-hook' style hanger. It's fully wrapped.

And again, if there is a problem I will warranty it:)
Hey that's good with me man. When it comes to this truck and the guys like RDFTS, who drive like a blind man on ***, you can never make it strong enough. Best bet is to make sure it bends the metal it's mounted to before it breaks. That way you can definitively say that someone ran out of talent before saying your exhaust failed. Glad to see you're up to the challenge. I look forward to the feedback.