Diamondback bed cover

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

christy

Reaction score
I went with the Black DiamondBack HD and I LOVE IT!! I decided on the HD because we do a lot of activities that we could sit on the top of the cover, put coolers, feed, etc. I have had it for 2 years. It have been water tight and feel like it is like a trunk. Feel completely comfortable traveling with items I want to keep safe. The only thing I wish I could do is access the front easier. I just didn't want to drill holes into the bed to install the one that had 3 panels. That was a choice of mine, no fault of Diamond Back. If they design a 3 panel that I do not have to drill, I might upgrade.

solarwinds

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got my HD and installed but had to do a lot adjusting the latch at the tailgate to get it to shut. I thought I would be able to open the tailgate with the lid closed. Is that not the case? Anyone know?
should be able to. maybe the hd panel is bent ? i have hd and it works fine. no mods needed.

Edbert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is possible to have the rear section too tight, that it can interfere with tailgate operation. When installed correctly it prevents the automatic tailgate opening on mine, but I consider that a free bonus. A slight pull on the gate allows it to lower fine.

Steve_S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went with the Black DiamondBack HD and I LOVE IT!! I decided on the HD because we do a lot of activities that we could sit on the top of the cover, put coolers, feed, etc. I have had it for 2 years. It have been water tight and feel like it is like a trunk. Feel completely comfortable traveling with items I want to keep safe. The only thing I wish I could do is access the front easier. I just didn't want to drill holes into the bed to install the one that had 3 panels. That was a choice of mine, no fault of Diamond Back. If they design a 3 panel that I do not have to drill, I might upgrade.
I would have ordered the 3 panel as well if I didn’t have to drill; I believe many of us would. I also wish the locking handle mechanisms were flush, but it’s no biggie.

With that being said, I bought it for security and it’s perfect for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trent 21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes they are... I have one on my Magnetic also just like yours. I get many comments about it, even from strangers. They look like they were made just for a Raptor.