Custom deavers +2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Custom Deavers +2 Rear Leaf Springs

Finally received my Custom +2 Deavers!
I talked with Deavers a while back and discussed my scenario about wheel hop with being SC.
They were excited to try something new and made me a custom set with 2 thicker rebound leafs.
I was a little worried about the spring pack becoming stiffer but that's not the case at all.

I don't want to bash National they are far better than stock but the passenger spring pack was falling apart after 6,000 NYC miles.
I do want to add, when the SD Nationals were brand new wheel hop was almost gone in normal driving mode
but that lasted about 3 months and the wheel hop started.

Deavers "What a huge improvement!"

The ride is so much better no more pot hole jitters coming from the rear and I still have stock shocks.
I can only imagine what 3.0 shocks will do to improve the ride even further.
Wheel hop is gone in normal driving mode, giving a little gas off the light with the SD Nationals it would wheel hop right away.
I still need to put some more miles on the Deavers and try a posi launch, I'll update again at a later time.

Here's some pictures at KHC which I want to thank for great service!!!
Also went with SDHQ's bump stop strike pad bracket.

Out with the old in with the new:
IMG_20140828_100837_714.jpg
IMG_20140828_100913_384.jpg
IMG_20140828_121953_894.jpg

I took some pics of ride height in my driveway so it's not 100% level but very close.
This is a Scab on mid-perch and Deavers +2 with 3/4 tank of gas and 40 psi. in all the stock tires.

Front Driver's side:.........................................................Front Passenger's side:
IMG_20140829_095040_003.jpg IMG_20140829_095106_668.jpg

Rear Driver's side:..........................................................Rear Passenger's side:
IMG_20140829_095021_508.jpg IMG_20140829_094935_272.jpg

Last edited:

LekRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice! I'm about to get some Deavers too. Looks like yours sit a little bit lower than most +2's...just like 1/2" or so, which I like! I wonder if the custom deal that they did for you subtly takes a little height out of it. Would you say that you'd recommend the thicker rebound leafs for no SC raptors?

Last edited:
OP
OP
MTF

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nice! I'm about to get some Deavers too. Looks like yours sit a little bit lower than most +2's...just like 1/2" or so, which I like! I wonder if the custom deal that they did for you subtly takes a little height out of it. Would you say that you'd recommend the thicker rebound leafs for no SC raptors?

Too be honest I really couldn't give you a real world answer.
If your worried about wheel hoping in dirt these couldn't hurt. (hey that rhymes)
Someone ask me already if they are HD or what.
I think I'm going to have to shoot Deavers an email and see what I can post for you guys.
I never ask Deavers if these can haul more weight, I never carry anything in my Street King. LOL