Custom Built Super Charged Raptor!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sorry, I edited post #215 should have been 800+ fwhp (flywheel horse power/ at the crank)

Biggest is doing much better than that with a 773 rwhp (rear wheel horse power)

Last edited:

sabumaru

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sorry, I edited post #215 should have been 800+ fwhp

Biggest is doing much better than that with a 773 rwhp

Yes, becuase twinturbos are bigger power adder compared to blower, right?

Twin Turbos have about 10%-20% higher numbers then a charged engine has right?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-P3110 met Tapatalk

skyl3r

Maniac
FRF Lady
Reaction score
Yes, becuase twinturbos are bigger power adder compared to blower, right?

Twin Turbos have about 10%-20% higher numbers then a charged engine has right?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-P3110 met Tapatalk

Twin turbos are super hot and usually mounted under which ducks for offroad.. But it all depends on the supercharger. And where you want the power at. Like procharger vs. Roush. Extremely different.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Jack_Toepfer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Turbos are more efficient, sometimes more complicated, and sometimes mounted under the truck, in front of the truck, or under the hood. They all have their pros and cons. I'm glad this is a blower build. Whipple played the numbers game with this blower so they could claim that it makes more power than the Roush... But both will make more power than a stock motor can take. It takes someone like biggest to push the envelope and really put that blower under pressure. Making the power is just a pulley swap away once EVERYTHING else is in place. Motor, tranny, fuel, etc... With a turbo, probably a 76mm could make the power he is making, and it is just a turn of the manual boost controller, or a push of a button on the electronic boost controller. The foundation is what allows you to crank the boost, but everything offered right now for the 6.2 is capable if easily blowing up a stock motor.

Since the 6.2 will likely never catch on as "the next big thing" we will never have the volume in the aftermarket to mod these as cheaply as other platforms. It took 6+ years for the 6.1 HEMI in the SRT8s to have a mail order turbo kit, starts over $10k... As of right now there are 3 shops building them, one for as cheap as $6k. You can buy forged motors from the base 6.1 up to 460+ cubes I believe. It took time, but they got there. I don't know how many 6.1s are out there, but it is enough that these guys can make a decent living off of modifying them. I hope the 6.2 ends up in a similar place because I love the truck that is wrapped around it.

BTW- I hope to some day prove that a properly built remote (under the truck) turbo can still be fun off-road. It is something that can be installed in your driveway on your back with basic tools, and a few grand invested.

Cleave

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, I know about the oil pump gear failures, but that's not blowing up an engine in my opinion, blowing up an engine requires a major overhaul at the least to put the engine back into service, if not complete replacement