Crazy!? - Drill hole in trans pan

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Waiting on my PPE trans pan, going to replace the gasket, filter, filter seal and obviously the pan. In order to keep the mess down I’m strongly considering drilling a 1/4” hole in the factory plastic pan right about where the center of the filter would be. Shouldn’t hurt anything right? ‍♂️

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Waiting on my PPE trans pan, going to replace the gasket, filter, filter seal and obviously the pan. In order to keep the mess down I’m strongly considering drilling a 1/4” hole in the factory plastic pan right about where the center of the filter would be. Shouldn’t hurt anything right? ‍♂️
Might as well go for broke and drill a hole in the intercooler as well ( let’s see who all remembers that one, right @someday ? )

:-/

mprice1234

SVT Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
To play it safe wrap a thick wind of electrical tape around the drill bit an 1/8" or less down from the tip of the drill so you can't drill too far in while drilling.