Contest: Who can write the best trip report?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
I know many of you have access to some cool areas and have done some awesome trips. Why not write a trip report and share valuable destination ideas with the community?

Reply to this thread with a link to your trip report. It can be a trip to a local recreation area, trail ride or multi-day expedition. We will allow 90 days from today to execute your trip, post a write-up (explaining where you went and what you did so that everyone can follow along) and link it in this thread. At the end of that time, the entries will be voted on (via a poll) by the FRF community.

Here are some details that make a great trip report:
-Directions showing where you went and how you got there. Maps, GPS links and Google Map pictures are a GREAT addition.
-What kinds of activities area available? Off-road only? Camping?
-What did you like best about the area?
-What did you like least?
-Are there any tips you would give to someone who might replicate the trip?
-LOTS of good pictures

The grand prize winner will receive an 16GB black iPad Mini (courtesy of FRF) and bragging rights!
Canadian and International members if you win you'll receive an Amazon gift card equal to the value of the iPad mini.

37610d1385433653-contest-show-off-your-diy-skills-round-2-ipad-mini-black3.jpg

Second place will receive a $100 Amazon gift card

Third place will receive a $50 Amazon gift card

Rules:
1. One entry per person
2. The trip MUST BE OFF-ROAD ORIENTED. We don't want to hear about your highway trip to the outlet mall.
3. Existing trip reports are not eligible. You can write a report for a trip that you have already completed, as long as it was not covered here.
4. Vendors are not eligible.
5. You must submit a link in this thread to your trip report thread on FRF for your trip. Please do not post the trip report here.

The deadline for entries is noon on 4/18/2014. Voting will run from 4/19 through noon 5/2/14.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Remember it has to be a trip starting now till the end of the contest submission date.
It cannot be previous trips.

Bleah. Technicalities, rules, regulations, strictures. It's why I retired from federal service.

You know, Iron Man, Tony Stark has a well documented contempt for rules.
(chuckle)

farman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These things are starting to read way to much like a homework assignment I mean it has bullet points and deadlines in bold and you get extra points for using visual aids. Don't get me wrong I will enjoy reading other peoples stories but I am way to lazy to write an essay. Besides I am writing this on a black iPad mini. :win:

Status
Not open for further replies.