Code Orange Paint Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptorny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have it fixed, that is nothing major at all. These things happen on mass produced vehicles.

As far as the shocks, they come from a supplier, of course there are going to be stickers on them. They’re not going to slow the production line down to remove a sticker on an under chassis part. It’s normal on any vehicle for non-exterior body surfaces to look different; they are not clear coated.
look at any old classic car. if they were restored thay would have to have overspray and other items to be period correct. that's the point they are mass produced not handbuilt. also how many other vehicles has you owned that did not have the same things?

HighwaySentinel

︻デ┳═ー - - - - - - -
Reaction score
I'd have that fixed. I'd be looking at that spot every time I stepped into the driver's seat. At worst, you are in a dealer supplied rental car for 7 days.

CHATTY3030

Reaction score
I'd have that fixed. I'd be looking at that spot every time I stepped into the driver's seat. At worst, you are in a dealer supplied rental car for 7 days.
I agree! For what you paid for this truck it should be mint condition on arrival. That would drive me crazy as well. Things happen yes but hopefully the dealer pointed that out to you and did not just let you discover it!! I think the the color match will me fine and hard to notice in the area where it is.

ackull

Reaction score
I posted on this topic earlier this week. I had paint from the drivers side door under the mirror peal off. I have also found at least two areas of the truck where the paint is thin. To make matters worse, one of my front shocks is also defective.

ACE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OP I’d fix the door one. I wouldn’t be happy if I saw that on mine.
For the other stuff underneath the truck just do it yourself if it really bothers you. I off road my truck so I know it’s going to get messed up eventually and don’t find paint inconsistencies (or the rust on no painted surfaces) a big issue

chrisuhl797

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So.. after finally waiting close too 9 months. (Ordered back in Late November) it finally Arrived! My Code orange Gen 3 Fully loaded! But one problem… This! Dealership claiming a robot must’ve over sprayed and hit it during Painting. The procedure too even fix it would be a hassle.. 4-7 days. (Requires taking off most of the side of the truck. Sanding the area. Re-painting the WHOLE thing. WITH THE FEAR OF IT POSSIBLY NOT BEING A PERFECT MATCH)

I have a appointment on the 5th too fix it. Ford is covering it. My question too you fellow raptor lovers. Is it worth it? Am I nit picking? What would you do? I’m noticing a lot of other minor Rushed-Out-The-Door issues. (Missing Bolts. Tape on shocks. Underneath paint mismatched) but this was the one that bothered the hell out of me.
View attachment 370077View attachment 370078

chrisuhl797

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's not right and should have been caught, but it's not visible when door is shut and from I can tell not that obvious when door is open. If you can live 7 days without - go for it knowing it may never be factory perfect. Me? I'd be pissed but do the least amount to fix it (touch-up) and enjoy the ride. Also make Ford aware and note the imperfection as a record for the future.
I would have the dealership body shop repair it. They bake it in the paint booth.

Keshka

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A paint miss match would bother me a great deal more than that smudge. Also, it seems what ever most paint shops use for paint ...it just doesn't hold up like factory, fades different, does not adhere the same.

Nope, Nope, Nope! I would have the body shop level that boo boo and touch up the spot where the paint is thin. Don't touch the rest of the panel.