Click sound when going from D to Reverse and Reverse to D

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

estrader

Reaction score
Is this normal? like Im driving then come to a full stop, put the car in R, give it a little gas and i hear a "click" sound coming from underneath.

It only happens when the car is fully warm. Never hear it in the morning while backing out.

dont recall hearing it when it was new either. car is 15k on it 14 screw

FordService

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Is this normal? like Im driving then come to a full stop, put the car in R, give it a little gas and i hear a "click" sound coming from underneath...

Hi estrader,

Your dealer will be in the best position to determine if a noise is normal or not. I recommend making an appointment for them to inspect your truck; if possible, take your tech along for a drive so you can demonstrate the noise for them. Let me know if you'd like me to escalate this to your regional customer service manager; I'm always just a PM away if you need my assistance.

Crystal

LFtrip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got the same issue on my 13 and it has gotten progressively worse over the past year. Been to the dealer 3 times and I always get the same answer "it's normal" even though I know its not. There is a TSB out for it but you'll have to find a dealer that's willing to do it still. The dealer near me says its for a regular f150 and not a raptor and yes I know that's not true. I just have it well documented so when there is a failure they'll have to fix it.

FordService

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've got the same issue on my 13 and it has gotten progressively worse over the past year. Been to the dealer 3 times and I always get the same answer "it's normal" even though I know its not. There is a TSB out for it but you'll have to find a dealer that's willing to do it still. The dealer near me says its for a regular f150 and not a raptor and yes I know that's not true. I just have it well documented so when there is a failure they'll have to fix it.

Hi LFtrip,

You might want to try getting a second opinion at a different Ford Dealership; some folks have had success going that route. If you need help finding an alternate dealer near you, enter your ZIP code here: Ford Dealers | Locate a Ford Dealer Near You | Ford.com How many miles are on your truck currently?

Crystal