Chipwerke for 2017 Ecoboost

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Smokeshow60

SgtMajor of the MemeCorps
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All it takes is a memo from a Ford engineer claiming the aggressive nature the Pedal Commander's throttle response puts undue loads on the engine and transmission that exceeds normal design usage. That's all it takes to get your warranty claim thrown out of court. (you wouldn't have spent $300 on the device if mashing the pedal produced the same effect)

And don't expect the dealer to be on your side. He makes a lot more money if you pay for repairs since Ford gets a heavily discounted shop rate and no markup for parts on warranty jobs.

Monkey with your truck all you want, just don't be surprised if problems arise and Ford denies your warranty claim.

It's probably not wise on your part to assume you have any insight into my relationship with my dealer. I've literally purchased over 50 company trucks from them over the years. They've bent over backwards for me on multiple occasions including doing warranty work on tuned vehicles that even I admit should have been denied. It's really all about who you know and your relationship with them. And by the way. I think personally that the pedal commander is a gimmick therefore I run an actual tune. Id be hard pressed to Pay 300 dollars for anything that didn't show results on a dyno. Anyway, thanks for the input. gSE1Zfl.jpg

Glamisfan

Reaction score
All of the talk about warranty problems while I don’t see anybody blowing up motors is really getting annoying. I’m curious how well this mod works. Not somebody’s hypothetical opinion on a hypothetical motor blowing up and whatever whatever whatever.

Smokeshow60

SgtMajor of the MemeCorps
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All of the talk about warranty problems while I don’t see anybody blowing up motors is really getting annoying. I’m curious how well this mod works. Not somebody’s hypothetical opinion on a hypothetical motor blowing up and whatever whatever whatever.

11k mi on 17 raptor.. at least half of those tuned with mpt prx93 tune... no issues to date.

Pedal Commander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm curious how you can prove that to be true?

When a dealership does any kind of work or repair, they run a scan on the vehicle’s computer to see if anything has been changed. Other aftermarket tuners and programmers will leave “flags” on the ECU after they’ve been installed, and will remain even after they’ve been removed. These digital footprints are what cause the dealership to void any kind of claim or maintenance program.

Since Pedal Commander and Chipwerke don’t leave any flags on the ECU, that basically means its invisible/untraceable… unless you’re mounting it in obvious view. In that event, every dealership is different in what they’ll notate or take notice of. I’ve seen a dealership void a warranty over someone running a tire slightly larger than one the one that came on his truck, and then I’ve seen others that completely ignored a custom full suspension system.

On my own truck, I leave the Pedal Commander plugged in, but I turn it off and tuck it out of sight any time I go in for service. In 3 years, I’ve never had an issue.

On my car, I leave the Chipwerke harness installed and replace the chip with the provided grey plug before I go in for service (to avoid uninstall/reinstall every couple of months). In 2 years, I've never had an issue.

As far as proving it to be true, Rusnak/Westlake Audi in Southern California personally invites us down a couple times a month to install Chipwerke AND Pedal Commander on brand new Audi's they've just sold. They tell their customers about our products, and the non-flagging feature for warranty purposes I've listed above. We get a call, process a payment, and its requested that the products are installed before the customer accepts initial delivery of the vehicle. Techs tried to find a trace of both products on 12 different Audi models, years ranging from 2002 to 2017, and nothing ever came up.

Last edited:

DrippinRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
As far as proving it to be true, Rusnak/Westlake Audi in Southern California personally invites us down a couple times a month to install Chipwerke AND Pedal Commander on brand new Audi's they've just sold. They tell their customers about our products, and the non-flagging feature for warranty purposes I've listed above. We get a call, process a payment, and its requested that the products are installed before the customer accepts initial delivery of the vehicle. Their techs tried to find a trace of both products on 12 different Audi models, years ranging from 2002 to 2017, and nothing ever came up.

Thanks for the answer.

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's probably not wise on your part to assume you have any insight into my relationship with my dealer. I've literally purchased over 50 company trucks from them over the years. They've bent over backwards for me on multiple occasions including doing warranty work on tuned vehicles that even I admit should have been denied. It's really all about who you know and your relationship with them. And by the way. I think personally that the pedal commander is a gimmick therefore I run an actual tune. Id be hard pressed to Pay 300 dollars for anything that didn't show results on a dyno. Anyway, thanks for the input. gSE1Zfl.jpg

That's cool your dealer is willing to risk his dealership by committing warranty fraud for you. But I suspect most reputable dealerships would not do same because no customer is worth losing a dealership over no matter how many trucks they buy.

Msb.19d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Basically if you are scared to tune or mod your truck cause u worry about the warranty then just don’t do anything to it. But why do ya warranty savers argue over and over with guys that mod their trucks.. just don’t even look at a thread where someone is doing a mod that voids the warranty. Your not gonna do any mod anyway.. why argue about it

kpg81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Of all the automotive forums I have frequented over the years, this forum in general has so many people scared of minor mods and warranty voiding, more than any other brand/model forum I’ve ever been on.

Damn, this is my first Ford, is that normal with this brand? Not very confidence inspiring around here, everyone is worried some minor piggyback tune is going to blow up their truck...

vince7870

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Of all the automotive forums I have frequented over the years, this forum in general has so many people scared of minor mods and warranty voiding, more than any other brand/model forum I’ve ever been on.

Damn, this is my first Ford, is that normal with this brand? Not very confidence inspiring around here, everyone is worried some minor piggyback tune is going to blow up their truck...

Lol. Gen2. Gayness! With the gen 1 guys didn’t give a **** all they wanted was hp! I’m coming back to a gen 2 and I’m already looking at switzers bigger turbo setup or possibly installing forged rods and new heads on a brand new motor so I can boost to the moon and back without bending a rod....which by the way is what happens in these motors as proven on gen 1s that were pushed too hard! A piggy back isn’t going to cause anything like that, but to each his own. I’ll mod the **** out of this thing and dump it in two to 3 years unless I’m in love.....but that hasn’t happened yet with 5 of the past toys of greatness. The shinyness where’s off and they be a bigger badder shinier new toy over the horizon I’m sure! Enjoy your toy, Or mall crawl the thing in stock! But stop whining ....and carry on with the info not crying about warranty shit!

Turk10mm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2001 Camaro SS was covered under engine warranty with intake, long tube headers, cat delete, pully, tune, 9" rear end, etc. only after i did heads and cam did i go too far for engine warranty. didn't impact window motors or squeaky door fixes that i took it in for.

If you blow your motor, someone's probably going to have to give information to Ford before ford will cover it, but its not like they're out to deny you like the warranty nazis. do what you want to your truck. if you can't afford to fix it, don't do it. Lots of whiners and trolls here.