Cheap cheap light bar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i installed the 40" bar today. It came with some type of brackets but they were not going to fit using any stock bolt on locations. However, all I had to do was drill 2 out of the way holes and mount the included brackets as well as sand down some of the plastic around the transmission cooler area and the rest was history. The brackets mounted the way I have also perfectly place the light in the large openings below the FORD, unlike the other 40" mounts that place the light lower. The brackets also allow me to adjust and lock in the angle of the light as they were intended.

This is the same bar that I have just installed, however I picked up a rigid mounting kit so that I could use stock bolt holes.

BearLeeAsian

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I like this install. Waiting for night shots of this to see if I'll order one of these bars. Not that I need anymore lights, but who cares?

Did the lights need to be shimmed in order to fit between those mounts? If so, what did you use?

Nope. Direct install. The bracket had to be drilled and while at TRR had to be drilled again in order to fit in my new cooler.

sajeda3u.jpg

Didn't get to grab a night shot but I have it here on the left during the day.

matrix243

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is everyone tieing their dual light bars into 1 aux switch or is there any benefit in having them separate. Can't see the point. I know a 40 and 30 come under the 30A.

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Is everyone tieing their dual light bars into 1 aux switch or is there any benefit in having them separate. Can't see the point. I know a 40 and 30 come under the 30A.

My plan is to do a 40 and a 20 on Aux 1, two hood spot lights on aux 2, fog lights on aux 3. I'm already using aux 4 to enable/disable my air horns.

I'm short a switch for my photon torpedoes....

:shakehead:

Krab

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope. Direct install. The bracket had to be drilled and while at TRR had to be drilled again in order to fit in my new cooler.

sajeda3u.jpg

Didn't get to grab a night shot but I have it here on the left during the day.
Music to my ears. Looks like I'm gonna be buying another light I don't need... :party36:

starkall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, on the inside of the pillar underneath the weather stripping.

matrix243

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does everyone use weatherproof connectors under hood? Most of these don't come with them so I'm not sure where to find some.