Chase/Recovery Rack setups

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
OK, I know there are a few threads floating around and i hate to make another but bear with me. A few items i'm wanting are listed below.Let me know what your thoughts are or any direction on a setup that sounds somewhat similar.

The closest one i have found is RPG recovery rack. I could modify the mounting points to sleeve over a 1" tube that is mounted at the body bolts and pin the rack for easy removal vs bolting the rack directly to the bed bolts.

Another option i have been lightly brain storming is making a tube that connects at the front (2) boxlink connections. The tube would have (2) Y strap hoops and then having a D ring or such mounted at the (2) nearest bed bolts but i haven't even looked to see if its feasible yet.

I have attached a photo of (2) 40s in the back that where just strapped towards the front boxlink plates. They where secure but would slightly fall to the side in any rough terrain.

1. Relatively easily to remove
2. No drilling or cutting
3. Vertically mount (2) spares

At the end of the day it may just be easier to buy the RPG rack and modify vs trying to make something completely up but wanted to see if i was missing other options or if i should try a few of my ideas.
40s loaded.JPG