chase rack or not to chase rack

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gilligan

Reaction score
go with the WSI Rack:ONE.

You can leave the base in all the time but can remove the attachments and get back your full truck bed if you need it. You will also have tons of flexibility so you aren't stuck with one setup only to find out down the line you wanted more or less items to work with..

It's also the most affordable. The XRD looks nice, and I was looking to buy one until I saw the price. I personally could never justify the price for what you get.

D

Deleted member 12951

I would hold off on the WSI unless you are dead set on getting it. I would wait until the product has been tested/proven and there is sufficient reviews after people have taken it off-road multiple times.

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would hold off on the WSI unless you are dead set on getting it. I would wait until the product has been tested/proven and there is sufficient reviews after people have taken it off-road multiple times.

I really like the xrd and would have pulled the trigger if you could fit 2x 37s. I won a rack one in the havoc raffle and will give a full range report after I've beaten on it a bit.

rap67

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How do you like the Outlaw Rack? i have been looking at them and they seem nice. Any comments about it?

i have this and couldn't be happier with it. i have 2-35s, fire extinguisher, and the rubbermaid bin full of all my recovery and air gear.

great rack in my opinion.

I also ordered a WSI rack one and am going to test it in my company fleet F150s.

jondle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How do you like the Outlaw Rack? i have been looking at them and they seem nice. Any comments about it?

It is pretty accurately described on the website. Getting the holes lined up perfectly when installing was a little challenging and I ended up drilling the holes out a little. I bought the 8 gallon Action Packer Tote from Amazon because Outlaw didn't have any in stock and it is a surprisingly tight fit. I don't think it will hold 37" tires, width wise, so that might be something to keep in mind. I don't know that for a fact, just seems like I've seen some used ones with people selling because they got wheels and tires and now they won't fit.

Not really Outlaw specific, but from a looks perspective, the truck looks so legit when it is loaded up with two spare tires sticking up.

I just re-read that and it seems like a pretty mediocre review, but I actually love the rack. I'm just not sure it is better or worse that others; I haven't really inspected others that closely. I love the Line-X on it, since my bed also has Line-X, but you could have any of them done that way. It is extremely professionally done. Those guys really, really know what they are doing. Just look at Gordon's truck that they got done in time for Mexico.

Since you are planning to remove it, I will say when I was shopping around, I talked to Connor about getting one more like the Saint's Offroad one; one that attaches to the rear bed mounts as well so I could strap things to it, like a cooler or toolbox. Connor talked me out of it. He said their original rack was designed that way and it got bound up as the bed flexed and it was next to impossible to remove. He suggested the shorter rack and getting the anchor system instead. I was asking him to fabricate it too, not shopping him, so it wasn't like he was trying to keep my business. If anything, he talked me into spending less. The extra support might be beneficial if you don't plan on removing it, but if you want to remove it, something to think about.

Scrap man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SVC did a rack for me I told them what I wanted and they took it from there. I think they did a great job and would recommend them to anyone good guys great welds and exceptional vision.

Btw once you have a cooler in the back of the truck all the time you can't do with out it.

Attachments

• image-3758315304.jpg
    image-3758315304.jpg
    540.6 KB · Views: 158