Bumperettes Re-Installation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hoax

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have just installed my 20" Rigid LED kit on my Raptor. I removed the Bumperettes to make the cut out needed. My problem now is getting them back on? I see in the instructions that you bend out the bottom tabs and use a small screwdriver to bend up the upper tabs to clip on. Does anyone have any other tips? I don't want to break these tabs off and be left with nothing or having to buy new ones. Any help would be great.
Thanks

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the plastic is pretty flexible, just go for it. also you can try using a stiff putty knife instead of a screw driver. the surface area of the putty knife allows for more flex in the plastic and much less risk of damaging it compared to a screwdriver.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Use a piece of wire to pull the bottom tabs down while someone holds the top in.

Yukon Joe
Delta Force
Snoball500 Support Raptor

OP
OP
H

Hoax

Reaction score
Really? I read somewhere that it glued to the bumper somehow. Great I think I will go that route instead of taking the chance of breaking those tabs off. Its pretty cold here and the plastic is brittle.
Thanks everyone for the input.

Last edited:
OP
OP
H

Hoax

Reaction score
so the one bolt, I couldnt' get a wrench on without removing the toe hooks. The best way i've found is to use this pick! start with the bottom and pick the tabs out and on. then do the top inside tabs because they are further away from the edge and harder to get. Outside last. I found this to be the best way to get these bastards back on.
Thought I'd share my pain.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    122.9 KB · Views: 78