Blacky the Whipped Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MotuMute

FRF Addict
Reaction score
WOW!!! Bring that beast to the TRR next April! Would be cool to see it in person. It can handle that track with your mod list

OP
OP
R

rbarn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
497rwhp and 469rwtrq on the 3.375 pulley

Tuning done by Fastlane Motorsports here in Houston - 713-600-8600
Runs like stock. They agreed these new Ford ECU's are a nightmare to tune, but they have definitely got the Raptors singing.

Truck is a beast. Deavers keep the rear end planted and it will smoke the back tires with no wheel hop.

dyno1-1.jpg

dyno2-1.jpg

Cubdriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, really nice. Mine ran 461 on a Dynojet with the 3.62 pulley at 82 degrees. I was disappointed but now it sounds like I was in the ball park with the stock tune. I put on the 3.37 pulley this week and it made a huge difference, I will Dyno it on Thursday to see what the difference is.
What device is your tuner using to tune your truck? Since there are no baseline supercharger tunes out there I have been reluctant to turn my guy loose to start from scratch.
Also Whipple told me I would run into idle issues with a different throttle body but sounds like your tuner has it figured out.
H

OP
OP
R

rbarn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My guy definitely agreed the new gen Ford ECU's are hell. Lots of people had issues with the new 5.0 Mustangs too, and ruined enough engines that Ford issued a TSB to dealers to deny engine warranties on tuned cars.

My tuner's base file tune he gave me just to "get it running and drive up here for the tuning" handled the throttle body swap just fine, before they ever really touched the tuning.

Loaded up the base file with the standard SCT flash tuner, so I assume they are using SCT software.

You may have your local guy call Fastlane and they may sell him a tune that he can tweak. Dont know, but worth a call. They had just finished another in house install of Whipple Raptor that same week.

Cubdriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My guy definitely agreed the new gen Ford ECU's are hell. Lots of people had issues with the new 5.0 Mustangs too, and ruined enough engines that Ford issued a TSB to dealers to deny engine warranties on tuned cars.

My tuner's base file tune he gave me just to "get it running and drive up here for the tuning" handled the throttle body swap just fine, before they ever really touched the tuning.

Loaded up the base file with the standard SCT flash tuner, so I assume they are using SCT software.

You may have your local guy call Fastlane and they may sell him a tune that he can tweak. Dont know, but worth a call. They had just finished another in house install of Whipple Raptor that same week.

Thank you, I think i will see if he will call them. He is comfortable building the map from scratch but it will take tons on time, be nice to buy one to start from. Truck runs very well now but traction up here is a thing of the past.

Thanks again,
Hank

Cubdriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ran my truck last week. We did not call Fastline as my guy thought he could get access to the ecu but in the end he could not. i think we have that worked out and will try and tune it again in a week or two. We did make four pulls on the dyno with almost identical numbers as yours with hp at 497 and torque at 465.

Hank