Black Rhino Rims

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bosssho

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That means 20s should be in the $1000-1200 range. However, I'd be willing to pay more if they were going to do a one-off set or a small group buy.

I was at that shop again yesterday to pick up my GXP and I said to the owner how effing stupid Dubs is to ONLY carry all these sick looking wheels in a 22" - 30" wheel...so he called over to there...and low and behold the guy said believe it or not so many OEMs have 20's and even 22's now that they have to keep ahead...or people won't buy their wheels.

I told the owner, and I quote...tell your guy he's an imbecile b/c if he made the Baller in a 20" and the Skillz in the same 20...I'd have two sets sold right now...which would lead to more sold. He did not even consider custom making 20s...b/c the owner asked.

Morons.

So I am going to do the Black Rhino Everest...but...I am still all balled up on which tire to get that will allow for a quiet highway ride, semi agressive look, great dry/wet handling and still able to hit the occasional fire road or muddy fire road and not be a joke/liability.

This whole set up is for my Spring/Summer/Fall...setup and for ride/looks...not off roading.

LastLight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like that Skillz wheel but even 20s are pushing it. I did see they offered the PUSH in a 20" wheel.

He aint building wheels for off road applications. Those are all court side models fo sho.

I think I am going with the BR GLAMIS model wheels in a 17x9 configuration. I like the AT style tires but they are NOT aggressive enough looking so I suspect I will price out some NITTO Trail Grapplers. They look like a nice compromise between an MT and an AT.

Last edited:

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I was at that shop again yesterday to pick up my GXP and I said to the owner how effing stupid Dubs is to ONLY carry all these sick looking wheels in a 22" - 30" wheel...so he called over to there...and low and behold the guy said believe it or not so many OEMs have 20's and even 22's now that they have to keep ahead...or people won't buy their wheels.

I told the owner, and I quote...tell your guy he's an imbecile b/c if he made the Baller in a 20" and the Skillz in the same 20...I'd have two sets sold right now...which would lead to more sold. He did not even consider custom making 20s...b/c the owner asked.

Morons.

So I am going to do the Black Rhino Everest...but...I am still all balled up on which tire to get that will allow for a quiet highway ride, semi agressive look, great dry/wet handling and still able to hit the occasional fire road or muddy fire road and not be a joke/liability.

This whole set up is for my Spring/Summer/Fall...setup and for ride/looks...not off roading.

Cooper Discoverer ST Maxx is the tire you want. I wish they made them in a 37x12.50x20.

I like that Skillz wheel but even 20s are pushing it. I did see they offered the PUSH in a 20" wheel.

He aint building wheels for off road applications. Those are all court side models fo sho.

I think I am going with the BR GLAMIS model wheels in a 17x9 configuration. I like the AT style tires but they are NOT aggressive enough looking so I suspect I will price out some NITTO Trail Grapplers. They look like a nice compromise between an MT and an AT.

Just so you know, the Nitto Trail Grappler is a full blown MT. It is not as aggressive as the Mud Grappler, but it is definitely an MT.

LastLight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes sir, been running BFG KMIIs for the last 5 years so quite familiar. I just like the looks of those Trail Grapplers much more so than a true AT tire. I think there web site confuses some people when they say its a blend of the on road comfort from the Terra grappler. I see people favor the Toyo AT IIs but it just does not have that aggressive MT look that I am after.

bosssho

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, if I were looking for a "replacement" to the OEM set up it would be 17" or 18" and a MUD TIRE...but as I have said, I am looking for something I can use Spring/Summer/Fall where 99% of the time will be ON road so it's quiet, great on dry/wet roads, and can handle the occasional Fire Road with or without mud...

I will look into those Cooper tires etalion. I have the Discoverer STTs for my Titan PRO-4X and they are OK, but not anything to write home about...and awful in the snow/ice.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Yeah, if I were looking for a "replacement" to the OEM set up it would be 17" or 18" and a MUD TIRE...but as I have said, I am looking for something I can use Spring/Summer/Fall where 99% of the time will be ON road so it's quiet, great on dry/wet roads, and can handle the occasional Fire Road with or without mud...

I will look into those Cooper tires etalion. I have the Discoverer STTs for my Titan PRO-4X and they are OK, but not anything to write home about...and awful in the snow/ice.

The ST Maxx is nothing like the STT. Check it out!