BFG KM3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John813

FRF Addict
Reaction score
FYI, BFG has a new size out for the KM3, 37 x 13.5 x 17. I'm running 37 x 12.5 x 17 now, but may move up to that one. It is only 4 lbs heavier at 81 lbs, which is fairly light for that size tire.

Would the extra width need more trimming/modification done?

500mag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think so. I have a 2.5 inch level kit in front and 1 inch block in rear.

JLozano

Reaction score
Just put 37x12.5x20’s on. Not sure of offset of my wheels, but they sit flush...so far so good, no rubbing. Truck is leveled in front and stock in rear. Road noise is comparable to Ridge Grapplers I just replaced.

Phil O

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed 35x12.5x17 KM3 last week replacing my stock tires after 5000 miles - I personally don't think they're much louder from the stockers, but then again they look, feel and perform so much better offroad maybe I've gone deaf from the excitement!

Go for it If you're in need of new tires and drive off road
What’s the difference you noticed in MPG’s from going from the KO2’s to the KM3’s? How about life of the tire now that it’s been some time?

Last edited:

500mag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had mine in the snow during that snowstorm here in N. GA about a month ago, and they did great.

Gdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And how much snow did you get from this snow storm in N. GA?
Understand that when some of us refer to driving in snow it could be several inches to feet

500mag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Understand that when some of us refer to driving in snow it could be several inches to feet
It was around 4 inches or so. Went up a steep hill with no slippage, was actually a little scarier going down it, since brakes would intermittently lock up then release to maintain control. No one else in the neighborhood would even try it LOL - they thought I was crazy. Since then (1 mo ago) I have traded that Raptor in for a silver 2018 with only 15K mi (my old one had 65K). It has the OEM tires, which will need replacing in 2 or 3 mo. I'm still deciding what to get. While I loved the traction of the 37 inch KM3s, they did get very loud after 40K mi, and mileage was around 16. Current truck is getting over 18 MPG, so I may look at 35 inch instead, maybe a hybrid like the new Yokohama Geolander X-AT. Only a few reviews on it so far, but they are good. I got stuck in the mud in the hunting field with KO2s a few years ago, so AT tires are a no go. It is very humbling to have to get pulled out of the mud by an old beater with mud tires in your shiny new truck with ATs.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score

something like this:

52fe8382-41be-cabc-1e99-eeec0043ac28-728x649.jpg

Chimchim

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What’s the difference you noticed in MPG’s from going from the KO2’s to the KM3’s? How about life of the tire now that it’s been some time?

Hi-
I didn't compare MPG before/after installing the tires- MPG wasn't high on my priority list when I bought the Raptor;) The KM3's tread looks great at moment not much wear but I've also not been off road with them yet:/

With all this CV-19 stuff going on I might be selling the Raptor to financially brace for months ahead- hoping it all ends sooner than later!

Good luck and stay healthy everyone.