Best lighting for your money...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BAJASVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I run with a pair of VisionX LED's that have 4 10watt lenses each, and I tucked them inside the bumper cutout. I bought a VisionX dimmer switch which allows me to run with them on the road all the time.
Total investment - about $800.00

visionx_frop_primage.jpg

Vision-X Dual Optimus Prime Fog Light Kit

XIL-PDimmer_main.jpg

Vision-X Prime Dimmer

I agree with JP7. If I could only get one of the options you mentioned, I would get some dimmable LED lights. The lights JP7 has are a great choice and the kit I posted above would be another less expensive option. The Optimus cubes aren't the brightest LEDs on the market, but they're one of the very few that are dimmable. I'd rank their output between a Rigid Dually and a D2. You could get the Raptor fog light kit and the dimmer for about $600. Drive down the street with them dimmed to 50% and let them rip at 100% for offroad.

Most all of the Baja Designs lights are also dimmable, but significantly more expensive than the Vision-X Optimus kit. The Baja Designs Squadrom kit is just flat out badass, but it's a little over $1200 w/o the dimmer controller.

Good luck!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Danactive

Danactive

I'm Back!
Reaction score
So now what would you guys say 2014 oem hids versus retrofit? I'm thinking the oem hid will be a huge improvement for me while keeping the stock raptor look... I don't want anything flashy otherwise I would probably go full custom on a retro set but I really like the look of the fx4 blacked out headlight assembly...

---------- Post added at 06:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:08 PM ----------

Great info baja! I'll have to keep this in mind.

Badrap

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was in the market for new lights before the snoball. My plan was to do install some custom headlights, a new ADD bumper and the off road lights at the same time but, money said different so I went with just the bumper and off road lights I am so happy I went this way instead of headlights only.
The need for lots of light when running is off road in more important to me. The stock headlights are not the best but work plenty good for me to see without blinding others on the road. I am so afraid to spend the money on headlights and having ballasts or bulbs go out with no extras with me to replace. I guess I would get then but only if I had extra parts.
I went with Baja designs lights. 50in white spot up top, 30in white flood on top bumper, 20in spot amber in skid plate and 2 10in flood amber's for side lighting also a 10in amber flood on top in the rear. The lights on the hood are the HIDX's that were on sale in 2012 I am removing them cause there is no need now! ha ha ha
Wow it was totally awesome at snoball!!!

Lightsdone002_zpsdf8451b4.jpg

Maybe I missed it but, what hood lights are those?

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So now what would you guys say 2014 oem hids versus retrofit? I'm thinking the oem hid will be a huge improvement for me while keeping the stock raptor look... I don't want anything flashy otherwise I would probably go full custom on a retro set but I really like the look of the fx4 blacked out headlight assembly...

---------- Post added at 06:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:08 PM ----------

Great info baja! I'll have to keep this in mind.

You can always retro the OEM HID's. The look you want with better equipment. Retrofits will perform better

OP
OP
Danactive

Danactive

I'm Back!
Reaction score
It's official! I'll be ordering the 2013 FX4 black housing Hids... Thank you for all of the suggestions and comments guys!