BBQ Trailer Smoker

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

elindley01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, the family and I are relocating to El Paso for work. Good news is I saw no less than 20 Raptors in 2 days during our house hunting trip last weekend. Bad news is we will be too far away to participate in the BBQ competitions we do now. Rather than take my smoker with me and park it in the garage for no reason, I'm going to try and sell it before we leave. I am located in North Richmond Texas, just south of the Katy border. Here is a copy from my Craigslist ad:

I am selling my custom made trailer smoker. I really love it and this is a difficult decision, but I'm relocating for work and it just doesn't make sense to move it.

It's really well made; the cooking chamber is fabricated out of 1/2 inch thick steel. The firebox is outfitted on top to accept a heavy-duty hot plate attachment (included) where beans or other items can be cooked. To the left of the cooking chamber is a hand-made maple cutting board and on the opposite side a wooden serving counter. It is the perfect size: big enough to feed large groups (I feed 50+ relatives for 3 days at our family reunion with it), but small enough to fit in the garage and pull out to use at home. It is so well built, easy to use and efficient, I've got it going just to smoke some hot links before.

I used to manage a huge bbq restaurant in Fort Worth and know what makes a good smoker. This is the most dialed in smoker I've ever worked with. I've competed in several bbq competitions in the Hill Country with my father-in-law who has a much more costly and elaborate rig than mine. He spends about 4 times the amount of time I do trying to maintain his temperature. With this one you can load the firebox up, open the dampers, and it jumps to 250° quickly. Close the damper and the flue a bit and it will hold for 4+ hours.

I've painted it Harley-Davidson colors but you could easily repaint it any colors you'd like.

Best way to communicate is to email, so shoot me a message if you're interested.

Measurements: 12 feet long (tongue to end) X 5 feet wide. Chamber is 40 inches long X 24 inch diameter (1/2 inch steel)

Asking price: $1,500

Attachments

• 20151101_132207 (1).jpg
    20151101_132207 (1).jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 155

Jbar

Reaction score
Does the truck come with? Lol likes nice good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
elindley01

elindley01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone! They may have competitions there too but time is always an issue. Plus I want to replace it with one that fits in the backyard. I'll get more use out of it that way.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
elindley01

elindley01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wish it had have been someone on here, but unfortunately just your typical Craigslist buyer. Either way, the money spend the same!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.