BAK tonneau covers for the Ford Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BAKfactoryoutlet

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I receive a lot of questions regarding the differences between the BAK tonneau covers we sell. The bottom line is that I truly believe in all of our covers and know that my customers will be thrilled with the quality and functionality of any of the BAK products.

When your decision comes down to price, look, construction and warranty there are some differences between the tonneau covers in the BAK product lineup which I have outlined below.

I hope this breakdown will serve as a quick and easy reference for the Ford Raptor owners out there!

Please remember that the prices listed are full retail and that I offer significant discount for FRF members! The Raptor community is like none other and I will work hard to earn your business. BAK Factory Outlet will beat ANY legitimate price on BAK tonneau covers for FRF members!

Call Morrie at 800 653 7089 ext. 704 or
PM Morrie for a quote or
Email me at [email protected]

BakFlip VP
Retail $748 PM Morrie for FRF Price
Released: 2013

BakFlipVP.jpg

The BakFlip VP hard folding tonneau cover is made from virtually indestructible aluminum panels and covered with a durable vinyl skin.

Panel Exterior: UV protected marine grade upholstery Vinyl
Frameless panels
Warranty: 1 year

BakFlip G2
Retail $789 PM Morrie for FRF Price
Released: 2005

bakflipG2.jpg

Hard folding tonneau cover with 1/2" thick panels, black powder coat finish aluminum, original rounded style hinges (slightly less waterproof than flush fitted hinges).

Panel exterior: Textured Black Aluminum powder coat
Panel frames: Aircraft grade aluminum / black powder coat
Warranty: 1 year

BakFlip Fibermax
$849 Retai PM Morrie for FRF Price
Released: 2012

BakflipFibermax.jpg

Hard folding tonneau with impact resistant fiberglass reinforced polymer finish which stays cool to the touch.

Panel exterior: Aluminum underside Fiberglass Reinforced Polymer (FRP) top
Warranty: 2 years

BakFlip HD
Retail 889.88 PM Morrie for FRF Price
Released: 2011

BakFlipHD.jpg

The BakFlip HD is a hard folding tonneau with super heavy duty aluminum panels that are flush mount and extremely low profile. Water tight flush mounted hinges. Molded slam latch housing.

Panel exterior: Textured Black Aluminum powder coat
Panel Frames: Aircraft grade aluminum / black powder coat

Bak Roll-X
Retail $899.00 PM Morrie for FRF Price
Released: 2012

Bak Roll-X.jpg
BakRoll-xup.jpg

All the great benefits of a soft roll-up cover with the security and rugged construction of a hard top cover. The Roll-X is simple to install, operate, and takes up zero bed space

Exterior: Aluminum covered with UV protected marine grade upholstery vinyl
Frameless interlocking Aircraft grade aluminum slats.

Bakflip F1
Released: 2011
Retail 989.88 PM Morrie for FRF Price

BakFlipF1.jpg

Hard folding tonneau cover with fiberglass reinforced polymer finish and new flush fitted hinges for maximum weather resistance. Upgraded molded plastic slam latch housing. The F1 is impact resistant and durable with the longest warranty period of BAK tonneau covers.

Panel exterior: Aluminum underside Fiberglass Reinforced Polymer (FRP) top
Warranty: 3 years

---------------------------------------------------
People often ask me which BAK tonneau covers I recommend and I generally respond that it comes down to personal preference and budget. For the Raptor my top choices for folding covers are the Fibermax and Bakflip F1. I am also a huge fan of the Roll-X cover and highly recommend it for someone not wanting a folding tonneau. All BAK covers offer style, quality, truck bed security and are MADE IN THE USA!!

Thanks for reading :patriot:

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

BAKfactoryoutlet

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words guys! Its a fantastic product and the company owners continue to innovate!

trugrit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One of my first purchases for my Raptor was a BakFlip from Morrie. Can't say how easy it was to deal with him and happy I have been with the cover.:biggrin:
It's not just a sales pitch when he says he gives a discount to FRF members, you won't find a cheaper price from a legitimate business anywhere.

You'd be a fool to buy one anywhere else.

BigBlock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Two corrections which are probably just typing errors:

1. Regarding the G2, you stated:

"Hard folding tonneau cover with 1/2" thick aluminum panels..."

Actually, the cover, made of two aluminum panels with a polystyrene core, is 1/2" thick, but the aluminum panels alone are not 1/2" thick.

2. The Roll-X has a 1 year warranty, not a 2 year warranty.

Last edited:

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Two corrections which are probably just typing errors:

1. Regarding the G2, you stated:

"Hard folding tonneau cover with 1/2" thick aluminum panels..."

Actually, the cover, made of two aluminum panels with a polystyrene core, is 1/2" thick, but the aluminum panels alone are not 1/2" thick.

2. The Roll-X has a 1 year warranty, not a 2 year warranty.

Morrie told me when I ordered my Roll-X that it's a 2 year warranty from BAK and anything that states 1 year is incorrect.