Baja racers use LED's now, not HID's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

showerfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i just watched the amazing film DUST TO GLORY, about the Baja 1000. i didn't see any square lighting -- seemed they were all using HID's. but that was 2007.

so now a quick google search confirms that most 2013 trophy trucks have switched to LED's, and the big round lights were few and far between.

is it fair to say that the pros, with endless amounts of :shooter:, have switched? and if so, who is supplying the big winners? Baja Designs? Vision X? KC?

IRONMAN

Reaction score
Need I say more.

KC%20HILITES%20LOGO.jpg

RSiWORKS will hook you up.

BAJASVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes, they've all made the switch to LED for the most part. Some of them are still running a few HIDs here and there because they generally do shine a greater distance than LED. KC, VisionX, Baja Designs, and Rigid Industries are the big names for LED. If you want to know what the best lights are, I'd look at what lights the lower class guys are running... you know, the guys who actually pay for their lights. I'm not taking anything away from any of the brands, but guys like BJ Baldwin aren't paying for their Rigid Industries lights and Andy McMmillin isn't paying for Baja Designs. I personally rank VisionX and Baja Designs at the top of the pack and equal in terms of overall greatness. I feel VisionX has a little more output and slightly better optics, but Baja Designs has a much more versatile product, more product offerings, and a lot more innovative with their products. They are both expensive! Just my $0.02!

G & P Racing

FRF Addict
Reaction score
have you seen a KC lights race setup? The 70 watt pods rock, add a few LEDs down low and your good to go. Just love this setup, high tech with the old school look!

8486-kc-carbon-pod-heaven.jpg\uc0\u8236 }