Baja Designs: General Discussion Thread - GEN 2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

duke92

Reaction score
I love the single row of LEDs but don't relish the idea of installation behind the grill. I would love to see a package developed with S8 10" bars in the bumper pockets and OnX6 arc 40 mounted on the bumper. i would think this would be a very clean install and offer a tremendous amount of light.

Ordered my 2018 Screw today-- figure I have a few months to refine the plan.

Spartan1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just installed my OnX6 today behind the lower grill. It was an easy install and it looks great and the function is spectacular. I don't think that I will need the S8 behind the grill. That looks like a pain to install as well. I think that I will go with the Raptor lights 3 light insert from Jeff with Baja designs lights to complete my setup.

Azholley

17 AG, 21 IS, R pending
Reaction score
Bailey what's your turn around for the backup light kit right now? I ordered a set from apollo last night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@BajaDesigns Bailey can you answer this please. Need to know when the lights are coming. Trying to plan night trips.

OP
OP
Baja Designs

Baja Designs

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Bailey what's your turn around for the backup light kit right now? I ordered a set from apollo last night.

@BajaDesigns Bailey can you answer this please. Need to know when the lights are coming. Trying to plan night trips.

I will have an update for you today. We ran out of circuit boards for the S2 Sport but will have more coming in soon. The local company that populates them is working very hard to fulfill our orders.

-Bailey, Baja Designs

---------- Post added at 08:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:24 AM ----------

Okay, so I installed my S8 30 inch light bar over the weekend. To be honest, it was a real pain in the ass. The directions are not great, but enough so that you can work through the process. If anyone is looking for just one extra light to supplement their OEM lights, I totally recommend the Onx6 high power. It is so much easier to install and adjust by just popping off the lower Grill fascia. The S8 kit in its current configuration for the 2017 is, in my opinion, flawed. How can you have a light bar that you can't adjust once it's installed? You have to hope you set the correct angle while the whole front grill fascia is laying on the ground? As Baja Designs said in a previous post, you have to disassemble everything and readjust it. No F'ing way! I was determined to find an easier way and here is my solution.

1. Here's the problem- no access to adjustment bolts on each side of the light bar (pic 1).
2. Take heavy duty wire cutters (pic 2)
3. Do some careful trimming (pic 3)
4. Do some careful filing, a little sharpie touch up, and you're done (pic 4 and 5).

My bar was aimed too far down and this "fix" allows me to correctly adjust it.
Hope this helps anyone w/the 2017 S8 light bar kit. And unless someone points it out, the modification isn't even noticeable.

If they would improve their installation instructions, perhaps even do a youtube video, it would be much easier. They must not read this forum as the instructions issue has been pointed out before.

Thank You for posting up. We most certainly do read this forum and our Product Development team was working hard to update the instructions for these kits. They have been updated but if you have any specific requests or notes to be included please post up. I will make sure it gets forwarded to the correct person at BD who updates these kits.

OP
OP
Baja Designs

Baja Designs

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
S2 Sport - UPDATE

S2 Sport circuit boards are expected to arrive by EOD 5/24. This will allows us to build and ship most orders at the end of this week. I will post up if there are any changes to the shipment ETA of 5/25-5/26

OP
OP
Baja Designs

Baja Designs

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Baja Designs - Closed Monday 5/29 - Memorial Day

Baja Designs will be closed Monday 5/29 for Memorial Day. We will be open Tuesday-Friday 8:30-5:30.

-Bailey, Baja Designs

Lowriderjo

Reaction score
Upfitter leads no power

Great posts and have been following this thread for some time. I bought my BD fog light kit awhile ago and haven't tried installing til this week. I thought I had them installed correctly(wiring) but when I went to flip the switch....nothing. I then proceeded to test my upfitter leads and they didn't have any power (truck on, switches on).

Am I missing something?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

dude1782

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Great posts and have been following this thread for some time. I bought my BD fog light kit awhile ago and haven't tried installing til this week. I thought I had them installed correctly(wiring) but when I went to flip the switch....nothing. I then proceeded to test my upfitter leads and they didn't have any power (truck on, switches on).

Am I missing something?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

There's 2 sets of wires. Look through the lighting forum. There should be a thread with pictures.

Sent from my 2017 Raptor using Tapatalk

gneissday

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did the same thing the first time I installed my light bar- accidentally hooked it up to the pass-through bundle of wires that goes into the cab. Just keep looking in that same area under the hood and you will see a second bundle of wires, which will be the powered ones.