Baja Designs: General Discussion Thread - GEN 2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hewster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Need the price on the Fog pocket kit ASAP! Thats damn nice! Id want to go with 2 ambers, 2 clear, then the 2 smaller clear.

Or yall need to make something like this for the fog light pockets....

15624532_1787660194784777_1784494559993004032_n.jpg

no thanks... the filled in bumper look is no bueno.

OP
OP
Baja Designs

Baja Designs

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I'm anxiously waiting to see what BD puts out. Nick/Bailey, could you throw some advice my way?

I am torn between the squadron + S2 combos in the fogs and a behind the grille setup with the S8. I really wanted an OnX6 setup, but it's not going to work with the upper grille. Which setup would provide the most useful light? The S8 or the squadrons + S2s in the fog pods?

Both setups would be a great addition to the factory lighting. You will notice a huge difference in output!

The Squadron/S2 Fog Light Kit will provide more usable light and will also allow you to fine tune the output more so than the 30".
This is due to there being 6 lights that can be adjusted where the 30" only has 3 sections that can be adjusted.

All of this is thanks for our uService technology!
https://www.bajadesigns.com/science-of-lighting/uservice.asp

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
32045220244_a56529a64d_c.jpg

Finalizing some of the mounts and wiring for the Gen 2 Raptor! Thanks everyone for your patience about the ETA and Pricing.

Lighting Shown:

Squadron Pro, Amber Wide Cornering

Squadron Pro, Driving/Combo

S2 Pro, Wide Cornering

www.bajadesigns.com

Awesome news, guys!

Last edited:

Wassy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
32045220244_a56529a64d_c.jpg

Finalizing some of the mounts and wiring for the Gen 2 Raptor! Thanks everyone for your patience about the ETA and Pricing.

Lighting Shown:

Squadron Pro, Amber Wide Cornering
Squadron Pro, Driving/Combo
S2 Pro, Wide Cornering

www.bajadesigns.com

Was the gap space in the right lower trim created by mounting the lights?
Also, does the bracket mount allow for the lights to follow the same angle as the opening or is there a larger space between left and right? In other words, is the left light (on right side) the closer to the front then the far right light or do they follow the lines? The pics in another thread seem to show a straight across mount and too much room on one side. I'd like it "tiered" for lack of a better term.

bosssho

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Truck should be here soon...so narrowing this all down. Was going Rigid again like on my 14, but they have gone down hill fast. Emailed BDs this AM...waiting on a reply.

I am sold on the Bumper Fogs...looks great...works for me...but...behind the lower grill I am confused...is BD saying NO that the ONX6 will NOT fit there or was that lack of clearance issue in relation to the upper grill? There is a HUGE Lumen output difference in the ONX6 vs. the S8, and I want to cut out my lower grill...which on the Gen 1 Raptors that lower grill just popped out...but in any case, I want unobstructed light...

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
My Truck should be here soon...so narrowing this all down. Was going Rigid again like on my 14, but they have gone down hill fast. Emailed BDs this AM...waiting on a reply.

I am sold on the Bumper Fogs...looks great...works for me...but...behind the lower grill I am confused...is BD saying NO that the ONX6 will NOT fit there or was that lack of clearance issue in relation to the upper grill? There is a HUGE Lumen output difference in the ONX6 vs. the S8, and I want to cut out my lower grill...which on the Gen 1 Raptors that lower grill just popped out...but in any case, I want unobstructed light...

The 10" OnX6 will fit in the lower grille opening.

In the upper grille, only the 30" S8 will fit.

OP
OP
Baja Designs

Baja Designs

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Was the gap space in the right lower trim created by mounting the lights?
Also, does the bracket mount allow for the lights to follow the same angle as the opening or is there a larger space between left and right? In other words, is the left light (on right side) the closer to the front then the far right light or do they follow the lines? The pics in another thread seem to show a straight across mount and too much room on one side. I'd like it "tiered" for lack of a better term.

The gap in the trim was due to us removing the Grille for the 30" S8. Not everything was put together quite yet.

The bracket does allow for up and down as well as side to side adjustment. When aimed correctly the lights will follow the lines nicely.

Thanks!
Bailey, Baja Designs

---------- Post added at 12:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 PM ----------

Got your email and replied :biggrin:

That is correct. The OnX6 will NOT fit in the upper grille. There is not enough clearance between the housing and the louvers behind the grille.

As far as the lower grille goes, you can remove it without trimming. It just requires removal of quite a few clips. We will have instructions available on this process.