Available Tunes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kdub405

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I checked with HPT and confirmed that if you already owned a tuner you can just add Ford credits to it to tune a Ford... which is pretty sweet.

That is correct and I would point out that just because HPT supports the truck for tuning doesn't mean that there is a tune. Going to take time for the tuners to start pushing tunes unless you are going to a tune shop to have one done on a dyno...which one should do anyway!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh hell, I was just gonna down any random ecoboost map and load it up. You mean I cant just do that?!

Micha

Full Access Member
Reaction score
5 star updated their facebook today and they made 477whp and I forget the tq. Over 500 I think.

3rdRaptor

Reaction score
Doesn't seem to be a status thread for available 17 tunes, maybe we update here when new ones become available and feedback... this would be for tuner options (sct, hpt, livernois etc), not piggyback controllers etc (aFe, boostmax etc)

3/13/17
HP Tuners revealed a tune is avail... VCM only , no TCM avail yet

"HP Tuners is proud and excited to be the FIRST to offer full tuning support and data logging for 2017+ Ford Motor Company F150 Ecoboost and Ford F-150 SVT Raptor!!!

Visit our forum for more information - https://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php…! - and our website HPTuners.com >> Performance At Your Fingertips to order tuning credits.

Ford Trucks Ford Performance Ford F150 Ford Raptor Ford EcoBoost engine Ford F-150 EcoBoost Ford SVT F150 Raptor Fan Page"

3/14/17
5 Star posted this week too that they now have a moderate power VCM tune avail, no TCM tune yet though.

"Here are some comparison numbers on the Gen 2 Raptor.
Pink: Day 1 Stock Run with 170 miles.
Green: Stock baseline post 2000 miles of abuse and torture.
Red: Moderate tune establishing baselines.
Current HP gains over day 1, +79 hp to the rear wheels. More numbers to follow."

17353107_10100754184467084_8551162456039001682_n.jpg

MPT has posted pictures of a rap on dyno, but no news of any release that I have seen...

Ford Performance has been talked of having an option coming, but most recent update noted months out still... a/o 3/14/17

Livernois mentioned they have a truck coming in next week for the them to begin tuning, and also attempting to work/crack the tcm... a/o 3/17/17

I know trucks are not purchased for fuel economy. I'm just curious to gain knowledge off of your experience. The HP and Torque gains look great! My question is, if driven the exact same would your fuel economy stay the same, go up or go down. And I do understand that this is not a typical question. This is my 3rd Raptor and the first 2 got 11-13MPG for me. My new Raptor has 4,700 miles on it and I'm at 17.2 MPG for the last 4,700 miles. Yes, I have totally babied the truck and mostly hiway miles. I'm up for my first oil change soon. I was planning on going full synthetic just because?? Soon enough I will drive my truck like a normal truck owner and I expect to be around 15-15.5 MPG avg.

MJslasherADMIN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go to 5stars facebook page! All info on the tuning there.
Five Star should update the homepage of their website for those of us that dont use Facebook and dont have a facebook account.
Before the comments about me not being technical enough to use facebook begin please note I am an IT Engineer and The Director of IT Infrastructure for a medium size public company.

I have checked Five stars homepage for the Raptor at least once per week for months. Lately a dyno graph was posted but nothing else. If info only exists on FB about any company I will never have access to it.

OP
OP
Sitdown

Sitdown

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dyno from the 5star thread Mac just posted... not too shabby! Updated 1st post

2017%20Gen%202%20Raptor_zpsa209nvbf.jpg

---------- Post added at 10:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 AM ----------

Also Curious if anyone has found any info to confirm the power jump 5star saw after 2000 miles? Wondering if the ECU has a break in period and limits timing etc... big jump to just be rings seating etc

Their initial low mile dyno is about par with my stock dyno with lower miles...

5 star stock... 130miles on truck
5%20Star%20Base%20Run_zps4xzdoody.jpg

My stock on dynocom dyno (typically reads lower than dynojet)... 1000miles on truck
63A7B2D6-6DAC-4E5B-A0B9-418A870D357E_zps03m8ny7v.jpg

blue line also confirms the timing pulled due to heat soak... hoping this is also related to break in, or a bigger FMIC will be a more needed item. It sat for ~10minutes between pulls

Last edited: