Automatic trans fluid useage.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FSM06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SSM

3397 - 6r80 transmission fluid use for 2009/2010 is mercon lv
some 2009 and early built 2010 f-150, expedition, navigator, explorer, explorer sport trac and mountaineer equipped with a 6r80 transmission may have a transmission fluid indicator (dipstick) that specifies fluid type 'mercon sp'. The correct fluid for the 2009, 2010 6r80 is 'mercon lv'. The workshop manual and owner guide specifies the correct fluid 'mercon lv'. Disregard the information stamped on the dipstick. This transmission uses 'mercon lv' only.

Fsm

OUTCAST

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After the air filter thread, do you think that a more frequent fluid change schedule is in order since we Raptor owner may push our trucks a little harder?

Xjrguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
After the air filter thread, do you think that a more frequent fluid change schedule is in order since we Raptor owner may push our trucks a little harder?

Factory ATF OCI is 150,000 miles for severe service.

Filled for life for regular service.

You bet your ass I am going to be changing the fluid much sooner than that regardless if it's driven on or offroad.

OP
OP
FSM06

FSM06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're welcome RE, I am always glad to share info that is available to help fellow Raptor owners. I will also say that I agree whole heartedly with xjr, no way would I follow the "filled for life" or "150,000 severe duty service" interval. 60,000 max for me, and in the kind of desert running that most of these guys on here are participating in, would likely reduce that to 35K. JMHO.

FSM