Are you going to upgrade to a Gen 2?

Will you be upgrading to a Gen 2?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

03svt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For me no 6 banger can ever replace the iconic big overhead cam V8, with it's slight exhaust beat and light rumble from under the hood when just idling. Nothing. I wear the 6.2 badges with pride

The new truck is pretty damn cool !! but I also fell in love with the first gen on looks alone and with my '13 for everything exactly as she sits. It is more truck than I will ever really need, anyway

goinsvt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm keeping my '13. I don't really NEED anything that a Raptor gives me but I love everything about it, especially the 6.2L V8. Plus I've never really been the kind of person that gets new car envy, especially if what I have is great the way that it is. It's just a personal choice of mine and everyone is entitled to their own, but a bad-ass American truck like the Raptor should have a V8. The other significant changes are minor to me and can be fairly easily modded if I like it that much.

RaptorScrew

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes. By that time I will have 200,000 miles on my 2011 and plan to give it to my son so I can get a new one.

Holy Crap! That's exactly what my wife told me that I'm allowed to do.

"I am the king of my castle and make all the decisions. Period. when my wife says I can..."

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
I have no plans to get a new one. I am a long term vehicle buyer (10+ years), not to mention mine is paid for. The estimated price point (~$65k) is more than I can afford / willing to spend on a vehicle.

ProjecT 9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good plan, and seems I'm not the only one who is thinking like you are. My 2011 6.2 does not have that many miles on her yet; with that kind of window (can remain 'undecided' until 3-4 years from now), might be time to put some $$ into her.....just wish there was a shop a little closer out here in E. TX.

Yeah I know the new raptor will go through some changes before production and nothing I see screams "no way" to me right now. I do really love my current truck and the aftermarket behind it. I'll just have to see the final product Ford produces for us and see how capable it is. I'll just have to purchase one of these when I commit to the EcoRaptor.

Sound Racer

Last edited:

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Im getting a new one and will keep my 2010 as well. it'll be old and not worth trading in, besides one of my kids will do chores for keys!

RaptorFlipper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure on the new one. No V8 is a big downer for me. Regardless of how good the new engine is. New transmission could have bugs to work out. I would never buy the first year of any new redesign because you know some stuff will not work right initially. I will keep my 13 until it explodes as well. Got too much $$$ in it. Will read the forum to see how much the new buyers like it and compare to the old one.