Are heated mirrors not included on a base Raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I must have unicorn mirrors then- I got an 801a w/ bunch of a la carte options- including BLIS warning light & the LED spot lighting but incorporated into the black plastic “base” mirrors lol

I MUCH prefer the look/feel of the “plain” black textured plastic lights/door handles on the trucks though, fits the character much more “purpose built” vs the body colored plastic caps that IMHO look chintzy & asking to get scraped up.

Like without a doubt esp on black/grey/silver/white trucks I really feel the base mirrors look better
The standard mirrors on my 2020 801A have blis, spot lights and puddle lights with the black textured mirror caps. Heat, power fold and turn signals were optional but I didn't opt for them.
I hated the black textured plastic mirror caps and door handles so I replaced them with PTM caps and handles.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My 2020 801a came with those, they weren't options.

Agreed. Black looks better on a Raptor. My mirror caps are starting to show scuffs and the black plastic is going to be easier to maintain. Actually, I should say that they'll look better without any maintenance, which is what I'm planning.

you mean the BLIS right? I’m thought the LED side spotlighting is a stand alone Option, listed that way on my sticker. They’re really bright but kinda useless since you can’t use while driving above 5 mph

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
you mean the BLIS right? I’m thought the LED side spotlighting is a stand alone Option, listed that way on my sticker. They’re really bright but kinda useless since you can’t use while driving above 5 mph

Are you talking about the little LED lights that illuminate the ground when you open the door? That's what I was thinking you meant.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Are you talking about the little LED lights that illuminate the ground when you open the door? That's what I was thinking you meant.

No the side spot lighting ones that have individual buttons just under the drivers side air vent by the door that blind the F**K outta people from the side lol

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No the side spot lighting ones that have individual buttons just under the drivers side air vent by the door that blind the F**K outta people from the side lol

OK, I went out and looked. I've got those too. I've never used them. I wondered about those switches, but they don't seem to work when the ignition is off and that's when I messed with them. Just now I started her up and they worked. How exactly are these things useful? Does it seem like auto designers are going crazy with LEDs just because they can?

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
OK, I went out and looked. I've got those too. I've never used them. I wondered about those switches, but they don't seem to work when the ignition is off and that's when I messed with them. Just now I started her up and they worked. How exactly are these things useful? Does it seem like auto designers are going crazy with LEDs just because they can?

haha yeah I know- and look at the build sheet def is a stand alone option.

I get why you shouldn’t put em on while driving on street b/c it would distract/blind drivers.....but it ain’t like they’re stopping ya from doing 100mph or driving around w/ your brights on either so wtf??!

these would be VERY helpful driving offroad in northeast on tighter trails keep from scraping up
On trees etc. I bet there’s a way to get em to stay on by pulling fuse or something

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
haha yeah I know- and look at the build sheet def is a stand alone option.

I get why you shouldn’t put em on while driving on street b/c it would distract/blind drivers.....but it ain’t like they’re stopping ya from doing 100mph or driving around w/ your brights on either so wtf??!

these would be VERY helpful driving offroad in northeast on tighter trails keep from scraping up
On trees etc. I bet there’s a way to get em to stay on by pulling fuse or something
You can do it by jumping a wire. https://www.f150forum.com/f118/run-mirror-spotlights-whenever-you-want-311291/