Anyone try the AirLyft air bags?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dfw62

Reaction score
That is great information and thanks for the pictures. Just so I understand you use a bike pump with the trailer attached and it will lift the truck? The Air lift rep told a different story although is second hand information. Thanks for all the information!
Yes a bike pump easily fills the bags as the max air pressure is only 35 psi. With the trailer on the truck and the WD hitch engaged there is still sag (bags show 7 psi) and pumping up the bags to 27 psi raises the rear and eliminates the sag.

What the Air Lift rep said makes no sense to me. If the bags put pressure on the coils to keep them from compressing to eliminate sag the truck would ride extremely rough as this would imply the coils would not be allowed to compress. It would also imply that once the suspension cycled (coils compressed) the bags would try to hold the coils in a compressed state which would result in sag and continued rough ride. It seems to me that the bags act in two ways; one to provide lift to eliminate sag and two to provide some degree of friction within the coils to stiffen the suspension. That's my 2 cents anyway.

edwinprieto89

Reaction score
Yes a bike pump easily fills the bags as the max air pressure is only 35 psi. With the trailer on the truck and the WD hitch engaged there is still sag (bags show 7 psi) and pumping up the bags to 27 psi raises the rear and eliminates the sag.

What the Air Lift rep said makes no sense to me. If the bags put pressure on the coils to keep them from compressing to eliminate sag the truck would ride extremely rough as this would imply the coils would not be allowed to compress. It would also imply that once the suspension cycled (coils compressed) the bags would try to hold the coils in a compressed state which would result in sag and continued rough ride. It seems to me that the bags act in two ways; one to provide lift to eliminate sag and two to provide some degree of friction within the coils to stiffen the suspension. That's my 2 cents anyway.
What system do you use, the one with red bags inside the spiral?

dfw62

Reaction score
What system do you use, the one with red bags inside the spiral?

Yes the red bag within the coils rated for 1000 pounds.

On a side note, I now inflate to 27 psi before hooking up the trailer based on info provided by others that it is recommended to pre-inflate before loading per Airlift. However, I've noticed no benefit over hooking up before inflating to 27 psi.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter