Anyone tried the Banks Pedalmonster??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

quikag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last edited:
OP
OP
Q

quikag

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Gale Banks is a good guy and the real deal as far as engineering. If anyone can confirm this works on the Gen 2 Raptor, I’m going to try it out.

OP
OP
Q

quikag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well it works nice on a whipple Gen 1:

I’m guessing the PedalMonster better/more aggressive throttle mapping on my 2019 Raptor will help wake up that very laggy throttle response and kick the turbos in faster with the quicker throttle openings to spool the turbos.

I think I’m going to try it. $295 isn’t bad and I’ll just use the iPhone App. No need for standalone display.

OP
OP
Q

quikag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been using the Berger version for over a year, flawless and almost half the price, it doesn't bluetooth though. Had problems with the Pedal Commander.

https://burgertuning.com/products/b...f8bZKgRvCu0SCjXAZ4aRwfDfajHodl34aAuBPEALw_wcB

so, did the throttle response improve significantly? I think these types of devices could help with turbo lag as it opens the throttle that much quicker so you get to the boost quicker. Could really be a nice improvement in drive ability around town.

I guess I’ll find out as I ordered the Banks Powermonster this morning.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
so, did the throttle response improve significantly? I think these types of devices could help with turbo lag as it opens the throttle that much quicker so you get to the boost quicker. Could really be a nice improvement in drive ability around town.

I guess I’ll find out as I ordered the Banks Powermonster this morning.
Absolutely. Night and day. Almost zero lag.

CenCstRptr

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
GCATX— what problems did you have with the pedal commander? It seems to be the most popular, but does not always mean it’s the best. Anything you don’t like about Berger version- does not having blue tooth make that much difference? I have been looking at these for a little better throttle response.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
GCATX— what problems did you have with the pedal commander? It seems to be the most popular, but does not always mean it’s the best. Anything you don’t like about Berger version- does not having blue tooth make that much difference? I have been looking at these for a little better throttle response.

I was having problems with the Pedal Commander, in that it would set all kinds of warning lights off and put the truck into limp mode. At first it happened very infrequently, but started happening with more frequency so tossed it. I bought it used, so who knows if the previous owner stretched some wires or what. I have read of many others having the same issues though.

I went without it for a while and really missed the way the truck drives with a snappier response. Yes, I know I can mash the gas pedal harder, but it just seems different, and I like it.

One thing that is different I will say, the Berger unit, unlike the Pedal Commander, requires a pedal calibration you do when you first hook up. I love it and don't miss the bluetooth at all. Never used it on the Pedal Commander.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well it works nice on a whipple Gen 1:

I’m guessing the PedalMonster better/more aggressive throttle mapping on my 2019 Raptor will help wake up that very laggy throttle response and kick the turbos in faster with the quicker throttle openings to spool the turbos.

I think I’m going to try it. $295 isn’t bad and I’ll just use the iPhone App. No need for standalone display.

I'm confused. Where is all this terrible turbo lag you are trying to get rid of? It has 510 at 3500 with a 10 speed trans? It has roughly 330 at low 3000's, those are pretty good numbers! I don't have noticeable lag on my 2020. It does what my foot tells it to do, and it's immediate. If I roll into the throttle from a stop it lights up the rears. You make it sound like it can't get out of it's own way unless you "fix" it. I would check your tune if it's like you describe.

Last edited: